Where can we see the stars that individual people give us as reviews?

Answered!
Ess-And-Mike0
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Where can we see the stars that individual people give us as reviews?

We do not want to just see the cumulative we would like to see the individuals star rating.

1 Best Answer
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Ess-And-Mike0 @Lawrene0 . yes, you can actually find it - but I am in the US, maybe it works differently in other countries:

I can only find it on a desktop, not on a tablet: on the horizontal bar on top, go to "Stats", scroll down to almost the bottom, you'll find "Ratings from Guests".

As you first see it, yes, it only shows  you the overall experience, but click through on the left were all the individual listing, such as cleanliness, accuracy, etc.. are listed, click one after another, the picture might change..

But: You MUST check that column after each guest has rated you,  because Airbnb will only say, "congrats, your last 4 guests rated you 5 or whatever" , so you will not know who the bad one was that only gave you three stars when you don't check after each guest - but if you do it each time, you can compare it to what it was before, and if suddenly there is that 3 star mark, you know exactly who it was.. Tedious - but it works! 

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

There is no place to see that. Cumulative is all we get. 

Karen77
Level 10
Montrose, CO

If you keep a close eye on your stats, you'll start to figure out what your most recent guest has decided to give you, rating wise.  It's not convenient but it's doable.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Ess-And-Mike0 @Lawrene0 . yes, you can actually find it - but I am in the US, maybe it works differently in other countries:

I can only find it on a desktop, not on a tablet: on the horizontal bar on top, go to "Stats", scroll down to almost the bottom, you'll find "Ratings from Guests".

As you first see it, yes, it only shows  you the overall experience, but click through on the left were all the individual listing, such as cleanliness, accuracy, etc.. are listed, click one after another, the picture might change..

But: You MUST check that column after each guest has rated you,  because Airbnb will only say, "congrats, your last 4 guests rated you 5 or whatever" , so you will not know who the bad one was that only gave you three stars when you don't check after each guest - but if you do it each time, you can compare it to what it was before, and if suddenly there is that 3 star mark, you know exactly who it was.. Tedious - but it works! 

But giving 3 stars doesn't make someone a bad guest.

so true, Bob! I was just somewhat sarcastic, going by the expected (and mostly given) 5star rating, where anything else causes a major uproar! 😉

Thanks Annette - very helpful.  We have the quandry where we get mostly 5 star on individual items and then a 4 star overall.. not much we can do there lol.

@Ess-And-Mike0, I got that one time as well... people...... 😉

I only have an iPad and iPhone. Occasionally I stumble upon the ratings, but am still unsure how I did it

Same, I only have a tablet and phone and occasionally I stumble on each rating and now I'm searching and alas cannot find it. 😞 

Can we improve on our star ratings as we get more guests coming through?

@Katy-and-Andy0 

More guests will only get you more chances to get rated, it doesn't automatically give you better ratings. But I think the more experience we all get with this, the better we are able to finetune and make changes for the better in our rentals. I am taking all suggestions from my guests seriously, so I learned to put a full length mirror into my rental, black out shades in the bedroom, etc. 

Overall, I think you attract the "right" people by being very clear in your description and in your photos - and you are! You got great reviews, and the only thing I can see is a bit of a subtraction for value. so one or some of your guests must have perceived your place as "too expensive". I would either shrug it off , do  a price comparison with comparable rentals, or possibly add some value by putting out welcome treats and some extras.

I might also consider adding/changing a few pictures, perhaps use a better wide angle lens to get more into each photo. I personally stumbled over your picture with the  "For Sale" sign . That just raises questions and possibly doubts, maybe substitute another nice panorama outside shot for that one.

Good luck, and happy  hosting.

Annette

I don't understand why AirB&B hide individual star ratings from hosts - this is not at all helpful. As a host, I deserve to see who has rated what so I can understand the feedback in context

hello @John_Alison0 , I don't think Airbnb is hiding anything, it's actually rather easy to find. I explained it above in my featured answer to the question, perhaps go back there and check, but I'll also summarize it here :

true, it is not helpful when Airbnb constantly changes minor things in their software programming. So now, I can actually find the ratings page here on my Ipad, clicking on my  "Airbnb profile" , then "host",  and on the black band across the top, click on stats, and ratings come up first. Though Airbnb mostly values the overall experience, you can individually click on each of the other components, such as communication, value, etc.... a bar will come up, which will say something like "congrats, your last 6 ratings have all been 5 stars"... so then you'll know , counting backwards, who was the one that gave you a lower ranking. But for the future, simply go there after a review comes in and you'll know exactly who gave you which rating. It's  totally doable!  

Good luck and happy hosting!

Cheers,

Annette