Why haven't I had any bookings?

Answered!
Sue-and-Mick0
Level 1
Welcombe, United Kingdom

Why haven't I had any bookings?

Can anyone help? My property has been listed since 2014 and I have never had a booking, not one. I get loads of bookings elsewhere on other sites and have lots of regulars, in fact I am usually booked around 48 weeks each year, just no bookings on Airbnb! I also have almost 100% 5* reviews elsewhere, which I mention in my listing. What am I doing wrong, can anyone help? Other similar properties in my village get bookings and they are all more expensive than mine. I get views by the way 64 in the past 30 days.

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Sue-and-Mick0

Here's my tuppeny worth.

Way to much information, I forced myself to read it all. Something like this listing is more than enough airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4051129

You need to remove the following statements in your discription : "We haven't had any Airbnb guests yet, but to see reviews check out our 5* status on Trip Advisor!" and this one "We have our own website where there is a lot more information, you can find this by googling Little Nod, Welcombe. We have had no Airbnb guests yet so have no reviews. You can see what our other guests have to say under 'guests comments' on the website or search for other websites we advertise on, to see our many 5* reviews."

Any reference to outside sources is strictly forbidden on abb, if the robots pick this up you will be dumped.

My best advise would be to delete the listing and make a new one, you will then get the new listing boost & not look as if you have been advertising it for years without getting bookings.

Not a lot of people know, you can also put your direct contact details on the listing in the designated area provided by airbnb, its in your account settings(photo below)

Untitled4.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sue-and-Mick0

I list on other sites too for some typical holiday rentals and the fact is that I get bookings a year in advance and there are many regulars. I suppose your neighbours are in luck when your place is already taken. Only a gap week here and there would be booked on airbnb.

With my urban apartment, 3 nights minimum airbnb has been the one for 50% of the bookings this year. 

I believe I see a pattern that middle age and elderly guests like to use the long established sites they are already familiar with. These same guests like to plan well ahead as opposed to the younger and more spontaneous. They also tend to book longer stays.

Thank you Marit, yes we get bookings a year in advance too. We do short breaks, minimum 3 nights, from Nov - Mar, but only full weeks the rest of the year. I think you are right about the generational aspect too. However, there is a bungalow on the same site as ours that gets bookings through Airbnb and it's more expensive than ours - very strange.

Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Sue-and-Mick0

Here's my tuppeny worth.

Way to much information, I forced myself to read it all. Something like this listing is more than enough airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4051129

You need to remove the following statements in your discription : "We haven't had any Airbnb guests yet, but to see reviews check out our 5* status on Trip Advisor!" and this one "We have our own website where there is a lot more information, you can find this by googling Little Nod, Welcombe. We have had no Airbnb guests yet so have no reviews. You can see what our other guests have to say under 'guests comments' on the website or search for other websites we advertise on, to see our many 5* reviews."

Any reference to outside sources is strictly forbidden on abb, if the robots pick this up you will be dumped.

My best advise would be to delete the listing and make a new one, you will then get the new listing boost & not look as if you have been advertising it for years without getting bookings.

Not a lot of people know, you can also put your direct contact details on the listing in the designated area provided by airbnb, its in your account settings(photo below)

Untitled4.jpg

Thank you so much Jeff, that's really helpful feedback. I think I will delete the whole thing and start again. I have also found where to add the business details, thank you.  It may well be best if I delete our whole account I think as it will still show that we have been members since 2014. I won't rush into it, need to think about how to go about it, just follow up on your suggestions first, on the original post. Thanks again.

Jeff158
Level 10

@Sue-and-Mick0 tweek it 1st and see what happens, if no bookings delete & renew it. Don't delete your account it shows you've been using abb for travelling and a good guest.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sue-and-Mick0

I was not very clear I think. Yours is better value and gets booked way in advance. Second best gets booked closer to arrival.

When booking far in advance, many pefer not to pay the full amount up front like you need to on airbnb and look to other sites. 

Cancellation policy can also play a role.

So true, the having to pay all up front, specially when having to do so for a booking 1-2 years in advance is probably the greatest sticking point with Airbnb.

Mike495
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I was just contacted this morning by a potential guest who claims that all of the pictures of my property are blocked and they are unable to see them at all?  So...they want to book my place but will be forced to book another place because you can't expect them to book a place that they cannot even see the pictures!

Have anyone out there ever experienced this problem?  I am a 5 star host and I follow all of the rules!

Mike236.JPG

237.JPG

238.JPG

239.JPG

240.JPG

241.JPG

242.JPG

243.JPG

244.JPG

245.JPG

246.JPG

247.JPG

248.JPG

249.JPG

@Mike495

I would think at one time or another we all have have a weird enquiry from a potential guest.

David

Thx for the quick response David.  I trust that you can view all the picks in my listing ok?