Why is the "search" price very different (higher) than booking price?

Robin171
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Why is the "search" price very different (higher) than booking price?

I turned on Smart Pricing. On the search page my listing shows up with a very much higher price than the booking price. Why is this? Seems like it would stop people from considering my listing. Am I doing something wrong?

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Robin171 The price is different due to the exchange rate. For example if your pricing is in USD and lets says USD value goes down Airbnb pricing will put a higher price to your listing to adjust the exchange rate difference. Good luck!!!

Hello! 

I do not believe this is the only reason. My price is in USD, $69 per night. The search page shows $81- this is totally unacceptable. No wonder I have dropped page views, considerably. And no new bookings in the past 30 days. Mind you, I turned "Smart pricing" off.  Maybe that is the reason.....

I wonder if anyone has another opinion, please. 

We are having the same problem—the search price is higher than the booking price. We have called a couple of times and they tell us that there is a "technical problem" that they will fix soon. In the meantime we are clearly losing bookings because our listing doesn't seeem like such a good deal. We wonder if Airbnb is giving priority to newer clients (owners).