a new guest who has just joined airbnb with no reviews or background info. what can i do ?

Kerry213
Level 1
Balmain, Australia

a new guest who has just joined airbnb with no reviews or background info. what can i do ?

A gentlemen Who has just joined Airbnb in June request stay at my “gorgeous “ ( his word ) house with two of his business colleagues for a conference he has no reviews he has no background info

as I usually check the reviews and cannot do this what do hosts do in this situation?

I’d really appreciate some advice out there

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kerry213 

A new profile can not have reviews already.Ask the guest to verify ID and to update their profile with some info. Ask any questions you have. Depending on answers received make your decision. I deal a lot with guests having new profiles. If they do not respond to my questions at satisfaction, i decline them. If they do respond in a constructive way, i give it a try.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kerry213   You can ask him to fill in his profile/upload a government ID, and/or ask a couple of questions.  Just because he has no prior reviews isn't necessarily bad, but I have found that people who have nothing on their profile, no description or background, no ID, no location are often poor guests and poor communicators...and I see this increasing a lot this year.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I have a lot of these new guests, everyone has to start somewhere. But ask whatever you need to know!