bathroom

Dan189
Level 2
Charleston, SC

bathroom

Hi all,

I'm about to add another room for hosting.  I have the choice of creating a dedicated private bath or a "Jack and Jill" (Bathroom with two entryways which can be used as a hall bath when no guest is staying in this new room).  The bath will be completely private when a guest is staying in the adjoining room via the use of a deadbolt or similar secure lock on the door leading to the hall.

My question is, "Should I abandon the Jack and Jill and just make it a dedicated private bath for the the bedroom?"   Or, in other words, am I asking for trouble by allowing for the possibility that a guest may be dissapointed by finding that their bath is only separated from common area by a locked door?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan.

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Dan189 The "Jack and Jill" style sounds good to me but this is your property and you are free to decide for yourself. Good luck!!!

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Dan189

Dan you have 3 great reviews if you have another bathroom in your house it would be a great idea but when you have guests you can't enter would be the best bet

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Dan189

You'll have to list the bathroom officially as 'shared' if it's also accessible to another guest.

Though you can elaborate  in the description.

My take on this? I'd have one room with private bathroom at a higher price. Having a private bathroom as guest for me isn't about having a dead bolt to keep another person out while I'm using it, but not having to face another stranger's head and/or body hair, toothpaste and other residue.

If I understand the situation right, then the other room would have to share a bathroom with you?

You could price that one lower and make sure they understand it's without a private guest bathroom.

From what I've seen on the forum posts bathrooms shared by two or more sets of guests the happiest situation do not make, and there seems less involvment re. proper tidying up after themselves.