contacting people who you have declined?

Rachel169
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

contacting people who you have declined?

I declined a request from an Airbnb member earlier in the year who wanted to book for Xmas as I thought my flat was not free. It is now free but Airbnb will not allow me to contact the guest. I cannot find out how to contact Airbnb about this (as usual) as it was never a confirmed reservation. Could someone help me?

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It's a security setting on Airbnb - you will not be able to send them any message, @Rachel169

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

I can never tell what price anything is going to be - or what the Airbnb pricing structure is.

It is not at all transparent. What's more I have asked plenty of times and no one can seem to tell me.

It was pricing, and not availability, @Rachel169? If you are having trouble with Smart Pricing, absolutely turn it off. Set your own prices. I know it makes me happier. 

But if you want to know how smart pricing works, there is this new thread that should help: How Smart Pricing Works

I mean - how and why does Airbnb charge its fees. What percentage do they take. What is their pricing structure.

That's in the Help Centre, @Rachel169. I know! It is all a bit vague. But you can check a specific date or set of dates yourself by going to the preview of your listing and entering a date range in "check in" and "check out". You cannot book your own place, of course, but you can see the pricing there above the "Book" button. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>I mean - how and why does Airbnb charge its fees<<

Is this a trick question?

Airbnb makes its money from the fees it charges. It's a business. 

Rachel169
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

‘ A bit vague’ is an understatement. I have of course done what u suggested but I think Airbnb are not transparent and that’s a huge problem. I am looking at alternative, better sites in the future as I feel very uncomfortable with their business model. They can’t continue