guest has checked out early, do I have to refund the remaining booking

Answered!
Celeste99
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

guest has checked out early, do I have to refund the remaining booking

guest is booked from Oct 2-14. He checked out on the evening of the 8th. I usually add 2 days after a booking so that I can get the room ready again. He said it didn't matter if I refund him any of the stay, but if I could great. I told him I had no idea, this was my first time with someone leaving early. What am I obligated to do? Of course, I need the money. But want to be fair too, as Long as I get the room ready by tomorrow pm, which I should, which would be the end of 2 days. It could go back on the market for Oct 11, but chances are decreased that someone will book that fast. Any ideas? Thanks. 

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Celeste99  It all has to do with if he canceled or not. If he has not canceled and doesn't plan to he will not be refunded anything. If he cancels your Moderate cancellation policy falls into place. Depending on when he canceled would decide what days you are paid at 100% could be 1 or two depending on what time he canceled and the balance of the days you would get 50% and he would be refunded 50%.  

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Celeste99  It all has to do with if he canceled or not. If he has not canceled and doesn't plan to he will not be refunded anything. If he cancels your Moderate cancellation policy falls into place. Depending on when he canceled would decide what days you are paid at 100% could be 1 or two depending on what time he canceled and the balance of the days you would get 50% and he would be refunded 50%.  

Thank you @Letti0 in TX. 

@Letti0 in Atascosa, Tx 

How would the funds be refunded.? I believe the deposit goes into my account the day after check in. So would there be a withdrawl in my account?

@Celeste99  The funds would be taken from your next payouts until repaid in full. 

THANK you again!

Celeste99
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks, well So I guess, I either tell him what to do or not. He's not communicated back with me since he left. So delivering the message to tell him what to do - he might not respond to that either. His first BNB so he's not aware of anything, it would be me to tell him. I'm an honest person, even though it means i'll miss some money...I'll send a message to check out on the 10th. I'll have my room ready again. If he doesn't respond, then I guess I'll let it ride until the booking is over. Thanks again.