is this a scam???

Answered!
Kirstin21
Level 2
Lexington, SC

is this a scam???

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/34321939?wl_source=list&wl_id=463400054&role=wishlist_owner&check_in=20...

I found this home and I am looking to stay from June 30th thru July 7th. He has a 20% discount for that time and it would total to be a little over $600. I cannot find anything in that area under $1000 like this home. It says he joined in May of this year and the house is already saying it has some bookings. So I don't know if he did the bookings himself to make it look legit or how that works.....

Is this home a scam?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kirstin21 

The listing is on the official Airbnb website and is new. Therefore it has the promotion of 20% discount on it for first 3 bookings. Some dates are indeed unavailable, but it can be bookings or simply blocked dates by the owner. It does not apply a fee for additional guests (so for 1 or 10 guests booked it is the same price, which IMO is little odd regarding the low price level). But a bargain is a bargain ! It has the Flexible cancellation policy on it, so if you change your mind, you won't loose all the money.

Please read the houserules !

If you want advise form Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

best regards,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kirstin21 

The listing is on the official Airbnb website and is new. Therefore it has the promotion of 20% discount on it for first 3 bookings. Some dates are indeed unavailable, but it can be bookings or simply blocked dates by the owner. It does not apply a fee for additional guests (so for 1 or 10 guests booked it is the same price, which IMO is little odd regarding the low price level). But a bargain is a bargain ! It has the Flexible cancellation policy on it, so if you change your mind, you won't loose all the money.

Please read the houserules !

If you want advise form Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

best regards,

Emiel

Kirstin21
Level 2
Lexington, SC

@Emiel1  Thank you for the help!