most shocking Airbnb experience

most shocking Airbnb experience

What was the most shocking Airbnb experience you had? What was your strangest Airbnb experience?

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No one is ever interested in the best Airbnb experience any one has ever had @David4061  !!

What's yours? You don't seem to be have been a host or a guest on the platform yet.

Best wishes

Paul 

My most interesting Airbnb experience was in Vienna. It was my first successful booking with them, And boy, I had some beginners luck!

This place was centrally located. As soon as I read succinctly written description about this room, and people living there, I knew this place is in demand. I sent them a short essay about myself and my visit to Vienna. Luckily I had to look no further.

As I enter their apartment in the evening fighting my drowsiness, I saw their walls decorated with colorful posters with slogans like "MAKE RAW, NOT WAR" and quotes about feminism. Their kitchen looked something like this:

Inside the kitchen there were four people eating fruits, raw vegetables, and nuts. We said our introductions. As it turned out these people were trying the lifestyle raw veganism. They were curious to know about indigenous fruits and vegetables in my country. We were shortly joined by two other guests- one of them was a cross country biker from Berlin, and other was a girl from Cyprus who was in Vienna to attend a Marathon.

Over the course of next few days I received number of insider tips, and of course variety of fresh fruits, plenty of them. That was the time everybody was in the holiday mood. We had interesting conversations whenever we were home together. August 15 was a national holiday in Austria due to Maria Himmelfahrt, and many tourist attractions were closed. Our hosts planned a short hike in the neighbouring Bundesland Burgenland.

We had a nice picnic there under bright sun. On the way back they took us to the farmer's places where they buy fresh vegetables and fruits.

It was interesting in a way that it made me witness an alternative lifestyle. It made me realize that people can have different approach to life but still can be warm to each other. I left a glowing review for them on the App - not that they needed them. Next time I am in Vienna I know where I will stay. 

Thanks,

David

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This sounds like an AMAZING experience @David4061  nice!

It was interesting in a way that it made me witness an alternative lifestyle. It made me realize that people can have different approach to life but still can be warm to each other. I have checked few Airbnb codes here on this website. Is this legit?

codessaver.com

Thanks for sharing such nice and amazing experience. I also had weird incidence at Airbnb Room which i cant discuss here..:p

http://nationaldogdayz.com