offer a gift card for review

John91
Level 1
Spring, TX

offer a gift card for review

Is it ok to offer a gift card for a guest who leaves a review? Doesn't matter if it's positive or not, just an honest review and an incentive to do so. We're about to host our first guest and I'm trying to make the whole experience as positive as possible 🙂

3 Replies 3

Hi @John91,

You cannot give any insentives for reviews.

Instead make sure the guest has a nice comfortable stay and be available whenever required, make sure your house is cleaned before guests arrive, you can offer some fresh fruits or any local specialities which aren't too expecsive if you fish, guide them well, give a house tour, help them with the addresses, nearby attractions, activities.

In short, be nice and you'll definitely receive a nice review.

Good luck 🙂

I hope you have a wonderful experience with your first guest.

Jeet

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@John91 I'd be careful with this.  It could be construed as some form of bribery which I am sure you don't intend.  All you can really do is encourage your guests to leave a review.  What you can do is offer a discount on their next visit, but I wouldn't tie it to their giving you a review. 

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@John91:

Agree with @Jeet0- ensuring they have a positive stay is key.

We usually leave a handwritten thank you note the night before they check out. We wish them safe travels and thank them for staying with us. We let them know we will be writing them a review and hope they will have the opportunity to share what they enjoyed about their stay with us along with any ideas on how we can improve. That usually does the trick.