property type

Emily105
Level 1
Worcester, MA

property type

I feel like I'm going crazy.  I have logged into airbnb, and sometimes I have the option to filter by property type (apartment, castle, cabin, yurt...etc.).  Then other times, I don't have that option in the filter choices.  I am searching in the same areas, so I know it isn't just for some parts of the country/world.  It isn't a mobile/web issue, as it has happened both on my  laptop and my phone.  Am I going nuts?  Has anyone else experienced this?

8 Replies 8
Mike141
Level 1
Saint Paul, MN

This happens to me all the time you are not crazy ( well at least not as it pertains to this). I sometimes can get arround this if I do a google search "castle and Ireland" it will then fitler and I can use the URL to change to what I need. 

Good luck

Nancy128
Level 1
Burbank, CA

i experience it all the time and it is driving me crazy.  any word on why or how to fix it?

I call it "being manipulated by Air B&B". They, plain and simple, make the rules. Sadly, the rules are - more and more - set up to suit Air B&B and NOT their hosts and guests.

I travel regularly to Amsterdam Holland. I have for years have specified Property Type Filter: "house boat".

Now, a "filter" by property type is no longer an option for Amsterdam.  It sure makes difficult a search (in a city with, seemingly, thousands of properties).

The way Air B&B changes to suit ITSELF, constantly frustrates me ( and I both a guest and a host )

yeah, it's disappered. very frustrating!

Floortje0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Amsterdam houseboat owners are very upset the mutual houseboat owners are negotiating with Wimdu for the whole Amsterdam houseboat community to step out and say goodbye to Airbnb and go to Wimdu.

Kind regards

Floortje

Amsterdam houseboat owner

I own a houseboat in Berlin and since the option has been removed to search for property types, I am getting very few bookings any more. Please keep me updated what is happening with the negotiations and Wimdu - I would join them. I find this very frustrating. Hilde - Berlin House Boat Owner

Mark365
Level 1
Boston, MA

I agree, this is the only reason I use airbnb.

Found this on reddit:

Just add "property_type_id=16&" right after the ? mark in the URL. You'll need to try different numbers to find the property type you want. Here are a few to get you started:

• 4 - Cabin
  • 6 - Treehouse
  • 8 - Boat
  • 9 - Hostel
  • 15 - Yurt
  • 16 - Tipi
  • 18 - Cave
  • 23 - Adobe

• 28 - Planes

• 25 - Trains

• 33 - Automobiles (Campers)

I think there was more options so maybe try all the numbers in between.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/5444h9/filter_on_property_type_gone/

S14
Level 9
New York, NY

I am an Airbnb host. Airbnb just sent me a pop up to add Property Type, but it only allows one choice. I host a guest apartment space in my house in NYC. I want to select House and Apartment -- but then there is also a choice for Guest Suite. There is no information at all about how to make these choices. I dread yet another call to Airbnb, knowing that the answer will be different depending on who I talk to. Grrrrr