reservation problem

Marta1101
Level 1
Turin, Italy

reservation problem

i can not complete the reservation probably because i have not enough plafond on the credit card. is it possible to ask a lower amount on the reservation ? 

9 Replies 9
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Hi @Marta1101 

Are you being asked to pay the whole amount when you book?

Marta1101
Level 1
Turin, Italy

I think so because an error occurred during the reservation. 

@Marta1101  Please contact your credit card company or change your payment method. Do not make this an issue for your host. if you ask for a lower rate because you can't get your own finances sorted out, your host will suspect that you're attempting a scam.

If you believe that the error occurred within the Airbnb platform and not your payment method, contact Airbnb for guidance. Of all the options at your disposal, asking the host to lower the price is the worst idea imaginable.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marta1101  It is your responsibilty to make sure you have enough funds available to pay for a reservation. You can see the total charges before you book. Your personal finances are not the host's affair. That's for you to work out with your credit card company or if the amount you were charged is not the same as what you were shown before you booked, you'll need to take it up with Airbnb- this has nothing to do with the host.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 @Anonymous @Marta1101 

Airbnb have changed their payment policy. Where we used to have 50% deposit then 50% balance, they updated this to 100% all upfront. Despite this, I'm seeing a mixture of 50/50 payments and 100% payments coming through. One 100% payment guest 'booked' but did not pay, and the booking was automatically cancelled within 24 hours. I was wondering here whether @Marta1101 was expecting a 50% deposit and was hit with a 100% full payment instead?

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  The 50%/50% split was a relatively new payment option, but they are probably phasing it out.

@Anonymous 

We've been on the 50/50 ever since we set up. It is good for guests and does not impact hosts any who do not get the financial benefit. I regard the 100% upfront payment as a backward step which will impact bookings.

Marta1101
Level 1
Turin, Italy

Thank you @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 , you got to my point. I arranged with the host, by the way. Thank you

@Marta1101 

Great. I'm glad you persevered.

I've had a rollercoaster of a time over this very same situation, which even included a guest being charged 50% when she didn't actually book - because she missed the deadline to actually confirm a booking (so therefore - obviously - you pay?!). Its a headache at the moment.