review removed

Julia1205
Level 1
Stockport District, United Kingdom

review removed

I recently stayed in a Villa in Muxtamel - Alicante -with air b and b - but had a terrible experience over 2 weeks - the property was not as expected -  the villa was listed as Entire Villa yet this is not true 

the guest have used of a small bedroom and kitchen.  and outside space.

The host was very unpleasant and at times volatile - I experienced lack of privacy and excessive noise --I left a review but it has been removed by air b and b -- so it seems that guests have no rights - only  the hosts who are paying the service charge to air b and b are listened to .. 

I wrote a very fair and honest review - about my treatment and experiences whilst staying in this villa -  any ideas? 

1 Reply 1
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

Hosts actually don't pay a service charge. Airbnb gets a portion of the sales, so it's more like the guest is paying them. There is a process in which you could counter a review if there is a possibility of claims that may be false, which could be what happened here. A rule of thumb is to remain vague and not make any accusations that cannot be supported. As a host, I had something really bad happen to my house last night - I wanted the review to stick so I kept it vague about the rules that were not followed and the damage that I did document, I then used the private message to him to detail the things I thought were problematic.