seasonal rentals super host status

seasonal rentals super host status

Is there anyway that we can seperate seasonal air b & B from year round rentals.  We have a cottage property that is only available from May to October.  Each winter I lose my super host status and have to wait mid way through our rental season to get it back.

5 Replies 5

@Jamie201, the Superhost evaluation looks back at the prior 12 months of your bookings, so it always includes at least one full busy season.

What causes you to lose the SuperHost each winter?

I just recieved a notice saying that I was losing my Status In April, I assumed it was because I have not rented since the end of October last year. Nothing has changed as far as reviews. I lost it last year as well then gained it back early in the summer.

@Jamie201 you shouldn't have to guess about the reason.

The "Superhost" dashboard should tell you exactly what you need to fix to qualify (even during the winter).

Can you look at that and see what it highlights as the problem?

The slow season really should not be the problem because the SuperHost evaluation period incudes 12 months. It should always include an entire high season for you. There must be something else going on.

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.19.46 PM.png

Lucy302
Level 2
Geneva, Switzerland

I have exactly the same problem! We are a winter season (dec-April) and I only get awarded my super host status in July and then at the October review they remove it again! Madness!

Helen616
Level 2
Bondi, Australia

I have the same problem.  I hit all the required targets but as I only make my house available when I travel (for several months at a time each year) I never hit the required number of hosted trips so never reach Super Host status.  However those that rent out on weekends or for short visits throughout the year get Super Host status!