western union payouts

Toui0
Level 1
Luang Prabang, Laos

western union payouts

If I select Western Union payouts can I request that they be held and consolidated until a certain amount is reached? I don't want to pay their $10.00 fee for a $35.00 payment.  My only other option in Laos appears to be Payoneer about which I know nothing.

Thanks for any help

7 Replies 7
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Toui0

Hi Toui, I am strongly against the use of 'middlemen' when it comes to money transactions, and I would never use anything but a direct bank funds transfer. But if this is not possible in Laos, do you have access to PayPal and is PayPal supported in Laos?

Here is a link to establish what PayPal offer for Laos.......

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Western Union fees are outrageously high but, so are Payoneer. Apart from account fees Payoneer charge 10% which is still a lot of money you are losing.

To put this in perspective, I do not like PayPal, but, if you have no other legitimate banking option, I consider them to be the lesser of the money transfer evils!

Cheers....Rob

Toui0
Level 1
Luang Prabang, Laos

Thank you Robin. But it is Airbnb that does not process paypal in Laos. The only payout methods offered by Airbnb for me in Laos are Payoneer and Western Union. What they charge is enough to make me reconsider listing on Airbnb if I cannot get paid in a better way.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Toui0

That does surprise me Toui, as Paypal are one of Airbnb's prefered payout options in most countries.

Have you discussed this with Airbnb or is it that PayPal are simply not currently listed as a payment option in your Account settings?

I would contact Airbnb and ask if Paypal can possibly be set up as a payment option for you because there is no way I would support the other two. We so often see posts from hosts querying why they have not received their payments from Western Union or Payoneer, and they are paying a large percentage of their money to a seemingly unreliable payment source!

Sorry, but nothing beats a bank account for speed, security and cheap transfers!

I do hope you can get something set up that suits you and allows you to continue to host with Airbnb Toui.

Cheers.....Rob

Toui0
Level 1
Luang Prabang, Laos

Robin, I understand the efficacy of a bank transfer. If that were an option offered by Airbnb, I would take it. Not all countries are created equal in the Airbnb payment world. Alas.

Perhaps you could tell me how to contact Airbnb by chat or phone so I could discuss this problem.

regards

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Toui0

Yeah, now that's the problem Toui, I am not aware of phone contact details for Laos! All I can do is provide the link to an excellent post by another contributor which is a comprehensive list of all contact options for Airbnb.

I hope you can find something here that will get you in touch with Airbnb and get some payment option open for you that will suit.

Mate, I do understand what you are saying that the world is not created equal Toui, and it's not just Airbnb it is with so many things and I do feel very fortunate to live in a country that does offer its residents the best that the world has to offer. There are so many obstacles that you have to overcome that simply do not exist here, but I really hope that Airbnb can do something to accommodate you.

Here is that contact link.....

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

All the best Toui....cheers......Rob

Summit-View0
Level 10
Dilijan, Armenia

I am owed thousands of dollars for a 28 night stay that began on the 3rd March 2022.

I had four payout methods (wire transfer and bank account) that are totally legit, functioning AND VERIFIED but not a cent was sent to my default payout method.

The CS people like snake oil salesmen and women were trying to convince me to sign on to Payoneer (not even realising that had I even wanted to take this expensive and self defeating option I wouldn't be able to as it doesn't exist as a payout method in the three countries where I and my team members reside !!)

Finally I opted to get paid by Western Union in the Republic of Georgia.

The payout method by Western Union was accepted by the system and verified and it is my default payout method since ten days but still no transfer has been made to my name (I made sure to limit the amount of the first payout to less than 2,000 USD and will get the remaining amount in subsequent transfers as I know it is impossible to recieve more than 2,000 USD in one WU transfer).

Before @Robin4 jumps up and like a 'useful idiot' (I am not implying you are an idiot, you can google the term 'useful idiot' and realise what you are) and provides various explanations as to why I am not paid for almost 6 weeks and counting I ask anyone reading this to tell me how long should one wait for a Western UnIon transfer from a corporate client like Airbnb? 

Option 1 : 6 months, Option 2 : 12 months, Option 3 : 5 years, Option 4 : 10 years.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Summit-View0 

As alien as this might be to you........ we are here to help! We all have better things to do with our time than be criticised for nothing more than offering advice. We are not mind readers, I have no idea of what your personal circumstance is, I simply offered a possible explanation as to why you have not received your legitimate payout from the information you gave.

I am simply a host who has had 6 years of dealing with Airbnb, all I can offer is advice from my experience. I am not a company employee and if the advice I suggested is off the mark I am sorry but, cut me a bit of slack, I don't have a magic wand here.

If you approached support staff with the same attitude you have approached me, that probably gives us a strong hint as to why you are not receiving any help!

Please remember we are trying to help, not be......'Useful idiots'!!