Auto-Message: Co-host Proposal

Auto-Message: Co-host Proposal

I suggest that Airbnb remove the automatic message that is sent when a co-hosting proposal is sent. When a co-host, or host, sends a proposal, a message stating: "proposal sent!" automatically sends. I am not a fan of automatic messages, especially when it can be assumed that the two individuals are already in communication. Additionally, a notification email is sent to both parties regarding the proposal. 

For example: after a few days of meeting and discussing a co-hosting opportunity, I sent a proposal to the host today. As we were in the middle of chatting via the Airbnb messaging platform, an automatic messages was relayed ("proposal sent!") each time I sent the original proposal, and then again when I made an edit. 

4 Comments
Alexandros9
Level 3

This also includes the automatic message sent when the proposal is cancelled: "Proposal Cancelled."

Will23
Level 4

Airbnb is using emails like this one, and the "changes were made to the description of your listing" email to ensure that these kind of requests were intentionally made by the proper account owner. 

Ideally airbnb would implement optional 2 factor authentication so such measures wouldn't be needed.

Marie441
Level 2

I agree that the proposal process needs work. My co-host and I were having discussions back and forth about start dates and the requirements for both of us, but anything resulting in a proposal change ment I had to not accept and she had to recreate. there's no interim 'in progress" status as the two teams come to mutually agreeable terms and then finalize.

Kristi19
Level 2

I am having the hardest time trying to find where I am to submit my proposal to co-host another gal's place.  I can't even readily locate a link to our co-hosting converservations or the listing itself.  Can someone advise on where to find this secret co-hosting world?  Please and thank you!