Early check in

Early check in

To include an additional charge for early check in/late check out!
15 Comments
Jeff70
Level 2

I often let guests check in early or leave late, if at all possible. It would be great if there was a way we charge a hourly rate for existing bookings that arrive early or leave late. I have had guests that both arrived early then asked to leave late; effectively squeezing out an extra half day for free and that's not fair for the host.

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Popular

The status of this Idea has been changed to Popular. Ideas that receive 20 or more Thumbs up from the community within the first 7 days of being published become Popular. The Popular Ideas with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. In reviewing these Ideas, the original post and comments from the community will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful Idea that resonates with the community.

Keith1
Level 10

even if you don't want to charge for it, it'd be nice to have an option to know what guests want.. Especially with instant booking.

A listing could be set to allow 1 hour early/late for $x(or 0) and 2 hours for $y(or 0), etc.

Robbie1
Level 2

A situation for those who think we don't need an early check in fee option:

Guest wants apartment for 9 to be ready in under an hour. Prior guests' party of 9 has a check out time of noon. Yes, two groups of 9 in a row. New guest wants to check in "no later than 1".  I need an early check in fee option that has a default amount BUT is also customizable per reservation--because in this particular case I need to hire TWO staff to be there IF I am going to accomodate this request.

Angie

Elenor0
Level 3

As a guest, I would like the option of being able to check in earlier or check out later if necessary and would prefer to pay for this as an extra rather than asking the host and hoping they will agree to it.

As a host, I happily allow early check in or late check out if it is possible, but it does cost extra in electricity, so it would be appropriate to have some compensation for that.