Edit or comment on reviews left for guests

Edit or comment on reviews left for guests

Please allow us to edit or comment on reviews that we leave for guests in a similar way that we can respond to reviews that guests leave for us.

Here is an example for when this would be useful.  I had an excellent guest stay that was pleasant and left my place in great shape.  I left him a great review.  He in turn left me a 3-star review (my only 3-star review out of 35 with a 4.8-star average) that was nonsensical and harshly critical.  I wish I could comment on the review I left of him to let future guests know that, although he'll take care of your place, he'll likely leave a poor review.

12 Comments
Susan229
Level 1

Totally agree - I've had the same thing- and sometimes they least a great verbal review but somehow got to give  the experience alow rating.

Ian65
Level 3

I think that would generate genearl backlash and could lead to reviews be manipulated.

But I agree with you, I've had this problem many times. I would like to see a guest's rating (score) displayed under the respective review on his wall. For example in your casse, under the review you left to the guest it would show: "John gave a 3 out of 4.8 stars".

That would give the next host a clear understanding of this guest's criteria, and the guest would be more mindful next time he evaluate a listing.

Cathy65
Level 10

I agree, there needs to be a way to forewarn other hosts when a guest turns out to be a passive-aggressive, hyper-critical, and unappreciative. I've had some very demoralizing experiences with such guests after knocking myself out for them 

MaryJane3
Level 2

I agree 100%, here I just thought it was me! I think no matter what the host does for a guest some are just not appreciative! I can not figure out what people really expect for the price they pay for their rooms and use of your home! They all get the million dollar treatment  in my home and most see it that way but let there be one negative remark and the percentage drops way way down, myself I think the computer 

Lea30
Level 2

I totally agree.  I've had similar experiences.  Nice guests who said they loved it and that there was nothing that needs improvement when I asked them.  Then they leave some snarky remark in the review.  Frustrating.

Have had the same experience.  A guest raved over the home and property and gave our worst star review...then contacted us a week later to book again!  Is it possible they do not enter the stars correctly because the written review was great for the guest?  We should she there review and we should be able to ask them why star values are not 5's when there written review shows nothing but praise!

Naomi8
Level 2

I find it frustrating when guests rate you down, for instance communication, and you have no idea why. I rack my brains to work out what was wrong and you can't improve if you don't know what was wrong.

Eva47
Level 2

I dont like these review things, I dont care about the review, they all  are BS anyway.

what i can do is try  to do my best for  my place.so if the people come to stay in my place , they like it , welcome and thank you, if they dont like it , they can just go , dont comeback again.

Edwin11
Level 2

Have the same problem here. My guests accidentally give me 3 stars review and somehow no way to edit the stars.

Richard154
Level 2

I agree,  whta i would like to see is a way we can repsond to a guests comments so future guests can see our side of it,  Have had a few that treated our villa terriable and we had massive problmes with them