Host reviews should be visible IMMEDIATELY to update other hosts of the potential guests!!!!

Host reviews should be visible IMMEDIATELY to update other hosts of the potential guests!!!!

The 14 days visibility of reviews is a disservice to hosts especially when some guests are house hopping -destroying property and airbnb does nothing to help with damages. Hosts need to be updated immediately so they can be forewarned. 

6 Comments
Anonymous

Perhaps something like a "red flag" button, setting an immediate alert for profiles of guests who might be a genuine danger to hosts (or vice versa). I'm not thinking so much about damage disputes so much as problems such as criminal activity, abuse and harrassment. You never know when such actions have been reported but are still under review.

Sophia44
Level 3

Absolutely.. there should be something in place to protect the wellbeing of hosts and guests alike. 

Ange2
Level 10

@AnonymousPerhaps something like a "red flag" button, setting an immediate alert for profiles of guests who might be a genuine danger to hosts (or vice versa).

Fantastic idea Andrew

Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10

Just some Information:

1. The 14 day rule only applies if the guest does not also write a review.  Once written, both post immediately. 

2. There is a "flag" button on every profile and listing.  If there is a problem, use this flag to alert Airbnb.  If the guest says something in appropriate during email, you can flag those conversations too. 

3. If the guest is a genuine danger to hosts or other hosts need to be warned, by giving them a "thumbs down" review and 1 star rating - Airbnb will get involved.  If you need to give a guest this type of review, you probably should contact Airbnb anyway so they can determine if the guest should be removed from the platform.  

Amy-And-Gin0
Level 4

I would agree.  There are some terrible guests out there who do not respect the hosts' home at all.  Hosts are just too nice and do not give the full picture.  Sadly I was the same until I was bulllied by a guest

Christine1
Level 10

@Alice-and-Jeff0. Your comments perfectly illustrate that there are already tools to deal with particular situations. 

It is not necessary to constantly create and recreate when all that is missing is knowledge. 

Sometimes more effort needs to be spent learning how to get the best results from the available resources.

Regards Christine. .