Smart Pricing Options

Smart Pricing Options

I've been noticing that smart pricing keeps recommending my minimum and standard prices be lower and lower. It started out at $49, and is now down to $19. I recently blocked all dates except August and September to ensure I'm not getting booked at ridiculously low prices for upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas travel times, and that caused my minimum price to shoot up to $41. It would be nice to have a breakdown of the variables that smart pricing takes into account, and possibly the option to toggle certain variables on/off. All I really want to do is assure that my suite is priced competitively compared to similar listings in my city or neighbourhood.
5 Comments
Cathy65
Level 10

So-called "smart pricing" is worthless. All it seems to be is downward pressure on our rates. I will charge what my service is worth, thank you very much!

Jude7
Level 10

@Steve2743 - I have experienced the same thing - that smart pricing keeps lowering my pricing although I am almost fully booked and have received 5 stars for value. 

Just checking to make sure you know you can override Smart Pricing, which is what I have done.

Jude

Steve2743
Level 10

Thanks guys. Yep, I technically haven't turned it off, but I've started to ignore the max/min price. Raised my prices so that it's close to other listings in my neighborhood, and I'm still getting bookings. I'm pretty new to this (my second guest just checked out this morning), so I'm sure it'll take some experimenting to find the right rage. 

Helen56
Level 10

So called smart pricing just lowers your prices. Don't use it.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived