Suggest more options for type of space available for rent

Suggest more options for type of space available for rent

I would suggest another option for guests such as "partial home" or  "entire lower or upper level". I have had quite a few quests cancel a reservation once they realized the rental area was in the lower level of my home without a kitchen. They have said they initially booked because the ad indicated "entire home" which is misleading but an entire lower level, which is private with a private entry, is much more than just a shared space.  So that is why I am choosing the entire home option rather than shared space. I have found that many people book without reading much about the space being offered and then later find that the accomodations arent what they expected simply out of the first couple characteristics that they have read about it.

Thanks!

Vicki

3 Comments
Rich3
Level 4

I sympathize with you to some extent, but as a host I feel we all lose if there are too many options slicing up the market. 

Your places looks great, and to me it is obvious that there's no full kitchen. I've seen plenty of listing of entire homes that don't have a real kitchen...and plenty of guests who never did more in the kitchen than make coffee.

Maybe just specify it, early on: "There's no kitchen, but there is ..." It's true though that some people just won't read it all. I don't get that.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Vicki12
Level 1

Hi Rich and thank you for your kind comments. Yeah, I can see your point about slicing up the market. Too many options can be dizzying for guests. I think the ones that ended up staying when they thought they we're getting a kitchen, didn't mind afterall. Making the announcement early on would be a good solution.

Vicki