The simple things AIRBNB needs to do to make my life easier and more efficient.

The simple things AIRBNB needs to do to make my life easier and more efficient.

#1  Anywhere a date is stated, also state the year (it's part of the date!).  Hard to believe your reservation summaries do not include the year of the reservation.  I am often booking dates in 3 years.

#2  Make it easy to offer a special rate without first decling the guests request for booking.  As AIRBNB is unable to offer reduced rates based on number of days of booking, I must often lessen the rate even after a request at a higher rate has been offered.  I will no longer cancel then do a special offer as a $4500 booking changed their mind from the time I declined their request and sent them a reduced quote and I lost the booking.  This will not happen again.  I will give them rebates upon their arrival which is awkward at best.

#3  Basically the crux of what is in #2.  Why cannot I offer a reduction in the rate for 8-14 night stays, or 15-21 night stays?  It is the same algorithm you use to add an additional charge when more than a certain number of guests are staying.  You allow me to add $10 per night each for the 5th and 6th guest, but will not enable me to lower the rate when a guest wishes to spend 8 nights.

#4  As a vacation rental in a condo complex on Maui I get lots of inquiries for large parties (weddings, family reunions, anniversaries, etc. where the guests wish to rent several units in the same condo complex.  I am helpless here and can do nothing but say that if they rent my unit, I can then advise them of other units in the complex (or just release the name of the complex).  Until they actually make the reservation it is impossible for me to help them.  If they go to VRBO they can enter the name of a condo complex and see all the units for rent.  You need to enable me to release access to all the AIRBNB units in my complex--especially with the status of "Super Host."  Both you and I are losing bookings due to your policy.  THIS IS A MUST DO POLICY CHANGE.

#5  As a super host, please don't tell me there is a "special" phone number when it just connects to the regular lines.  To make matters worse, I call and it asks me if I am a "guest" or a "host."  AIRBNB is lacking in many areas but this feau pas is about as bad as it gets.

#6  I simply want AIRBNB to get better so that we can both succeed in a competitive market.  Over 90% of my bookings are thru AIRBNB and my occupancy rate is 92% for 2016 so obviously I am not dissatisfied.  I just want you to strive for excellence--from my viewpoint you do not; but I do.

2 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Bruce30

you can give a % discount for a weeks stay or a month stay.

goto...

Calendar

Price settings

Discounts

the weekly discount is applied to a booking over seven days or longer.

The monthly discount is applied to a booking over twenty eight days or longer

Murtaza0
Level 2
Status changed to: Archived