2018: Month of Celebration

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2018: Month of Celebration

Together.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to share that our Community Month of Celebration is now on its way and we have already had some great topics. 

To recap, to those of you who are just hearing about this event here in the Community Center. Each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. It will be on a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related. We might hear stories, experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts, all kinds of things. 🙂 

Day 1: Flexibility...How to get the most from Airbnb by @Colleen47

Day 2: My favourite guest of 2018 by @Paul1255

Day 3: Was it worth it! by @Robin4

Day 4: Go the extra mile...it's never crowded. What are the words we live by? by @Clara116

Day 5: The Freedom to Belong Anywhere by @Jeet0

Day 6: Meeting The Mob by @Βασίλης-and-Ann0

Day 7: Tracking income and expenses by @Christine1426

Day 8: How to Stay a Happy and Motivated Host by @Aesha0

Day 9: A celebration of our host community by Lizzie (me)

Day 10: Christmas - Reflections, Reminiscing, Rememberance by @Helen427

Day 11: Lost a Repeat Guest But for a Good Reason by @Joanne-Flynn0

Day 12: "Privy Counsel" by @Lawrene

Day 13: Opening my home by Quincy 

Day 14: A host who enriches passion by hosting an Experience by @Nutth0

Day 15: Advice & Tips for Achieving (and Keeping!) Superhost Status by @Rachael26

Day 16: My experience with becoming and staying a superhost by @Dieneke0

Day 17: [Pending]

Day 18: My Story with Airbnb I Empathy is the word! Earning some money is consequence! by @J-Renato0

Day 19:  Hello Goodbye by @Alexandra316

Day 20: Yes, please, further questions after the Experience by @Jose309

Day 21: Filled with Joy - The Guest Book by @Christine615

Day 22: Finding My Light by @Rebecca160

Day 23: The evening before the evening by @Mariann4

Day 24: A Booking from an Angel by @Marie405

Day 25: The "Bad" Host; or What your Guests can Teach You by @Susan151

Day 26: The Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race 2018 by @Christine1

Day 27: Enforcing smoke free Airbnb room in the wake of marijuana legislation  by @Thomas1188

Day 28: Hosting Practice by @Miloud0

Day 29: Christmas is time to get creative by @Huma0

Day 30: The New Year Resolution by @Cathie19

Day 31: My co-hosting story and welcoming 2019 in by @Paul1255

Day 31 (Bonus): Writing words, hosting people by @Emily352

To take a look at the full calendar, please take a look here.

We hope you enjoy taking part and if you aren't creating your own topic, you can always get involved in replying to the topics created – I'm sure we all would love to hear from you.

Enjoy! 🙂

Lizzie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

29 Replies 29
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

You know, a month ago @Lizzie came in for a bit of stick with Australian hosts over our payout issues!

But can I say I have had three years dealing with Lizzie and her professionalism has always shone through with every aspect of the way she has compiled and run the CC.

Here is yet another example! The month of celebration posts are all easily accessible in this one thread.

Big deal, but we are only at day 4. Wait until day 15 + and all these posts will be available with one click of the rodent!

Thanks again Lizzie for making what we do so much easier. What ever your company pays you....it is not enough!

Cheers.....Rob

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie and others. What a lovely posts. Thank you all those of you who have already shared their thoughts. There is a lot there to be savoured. Mine is not until later in the month - it has given me a good idea of some of the topics I could / would write about. What  a way to say good bye to 2018!

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

Thanks for a wonderful thought. December started off quickly, our biggest rentals of the year are checking in this weekend, and we couldn’t be more pleased. Now off to relax on the mountain, a perk and side effect of renting our home. @Lizzie

Happy holidays!!!

Emiliano69
Level 3
Aguadilla Pueblo, Puerto Rico

Thanks @Lizzie ! The post is beautiful . Happy December to everybody!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

We did it! What a fantastic month of topics and discussions. Each topic and the comments shared were so enjoyable to read. I think it really celebrates what a wonderful community of people we have here. 

A huge huge huge thank you to everyone who was involved and spent time collating their thoughts into their topic: @Colleen47@Paul1255@Robin4@Clara116@Jeet0@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Christine1426@Aesha0@Helen427@Joanne-Flynn0@LawreneQuincy @Nutth0@Rachael26@Dieneke0@J-Renato0@Alexandra316@Jose309@Christine615@Rebecca160@Mariann4@Marie405@Susan151@Christine1@Thomas1188@Miloud0@Huma0@Cathie19@Emily352

Wishing you all a fantastic 2019 and many great discussions ahead of us. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie

I really enjoyed writing my post and reading everyone else's. It was great to see so many topics that were not just about problems, although the ones about solving some of those problems were interesting too!

Happy New Year!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It was wonderful to play a part @Lizzie and read everyone's elses wonderful posts! 

I love it when we don't just focus on the negative 🙂

Thanks @Lizzie

Happy to be part of the communiy. It's been a fun shared experience and I'm learning a lot 🙂

Looking forward to 2019.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Lizzie

You are also very thankful because you have given us the opportunity to participate in Month of Celebration and read very good topics of a group of experienced hosts.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Lizzie for coordinating the month of celebrations. As it was my first time being involved, I was a bit unsure... but the CC fellowship is so accepting!

I enjoyed reading all the posts, and had some good laughs & learnt along the way, so a win all round.  Thank you 

Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

Many thanks to you @Lizzie! It was fun to write and to read everyone’s post!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie@Colleen@Paul@Robin@Clara@Jeet@Βασίλης & Ann@Christine@Aesha , @Joanne Flynn@LawreneQuincy @Nutth@Rachael@Dieneke@J Renato@Alexandra@Jose@Christine@Rebecca@Mariann@Marie@Susan@Christine@Thomas@Miloud@Huma@Cathie@Emily

Thanks for all your great contributions and providing us with a platform to network, taking the time to read and share within our community.

All the best.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Thanks @Helen427 for you also. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Hi Lizzie, Good to know about that 🙂