A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Becoming An On-Site Host

Nancy468
Level 3
Lamy, NM

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Becoming An On-Site Host

We’ve owned this house for about 8 years. Since we started doing AirBNB in March we’ve been remote hosts with a cleaning service and a house sitter. Just moved back and we’re staying in our casita while we have guests. So. This morning after the guests left I came over to start the cleaning process. It sure seemed like they didn’t use many towels for a 9 day stay. I thought this will be a snap. Turns out all the dirty towels were hanging on the hooks behind the bathroom doors. I didn’t EVEN KNOW we HAD hooks behind the bathroom doors! Now I’m spending the afternoon watching TV and doing lots of laundry. Hope you all are having a funny day, too!

5 Replies 5

Haha, that same exact thing happened to me:(

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nancy468you should lock a closet with extra towels and leave just 2-3 towels per guest / week (or whatever you think is apropriate) otherwise you will spend every afternoon doing laundry 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0 They get plenty of towels and if they need more, they can get them out of the linen closet. OR they can wash them themselves. I don’t provide maid service or cleaning service during their stay.  I stay completely out of their way and out of the house during their visit. So far, almost everyone has washed their own towels during longer stays. And everyone has left the place in super shape. I also leave extra sheets and pillows. You never know when someone is going to have a problem 🙂

@Nancy468  I have a framed sign asking guests to please not wash my towels or linens. If they don't wash them properly they will set stains in. We simply tell them if they need more to please ask us. We do leave plenty and also extra sheet sets in dresser drawers if they want to change them or have an accident. 

@Letti0, that hasn’t been an issue so far, but I can see as how it might become one. Sounds like you’ve figured out the solution.