AIRBNB GOT HACKED? All my bookings got cancelled!

Aya20
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

AIRBNB GOT HACKED? All my bookings got cancelled!

Did this ever happen to anybody else? All our future bookings are gone! 

We cannot even message our guests anymore --- our inbox has been wiped out.

What is happening? 

23 Replies 23

Yes, everything was back to normal after 24 hours, except my bookings and my co-host's account. So we were thinking if there was any violation, it was unintentionally done by her.

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yikes!
I think I had better make an extra effort to record the contact details of all upcoming guests!  Thanks for the warning.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Terri38have you had any IT glitches with your access to your Dashboard or not receiving text alerts?

There was discussion at Auckland Facebook gathering this week and it's apparently been happening in other parts of the world to.

Have a scan through the last few weeks postings in here.

I'm currently unable to access or read my messages and reply to them, most annoying

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Helen427 

Yes.  I've been having that problem a couple of times a year at least. 
Please would you send me a link to the Facebook group?
Thanks.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Terri38 ,  Let them know if they have happened in the last couple of weeks.

Auckland's Airbnb Hosts Group - I'm not in there as I don't do Facebook for a variety of reasons

@Helen427  I can access everything in my account fine (laptop, not app, which I don't use) but yes, past couple of weeks my text alerts have been sporatic. I get some and not others. And I'm in Mexico, not NZ, so it's apparently not just you guys. Getting them all in my email, but I much more rely on the text alerts, as I only check my email once a day.

Meantime the techies are busy giving our listings a "Fresh new look!"  It's like polishing the silverware while ignoring the greasy stovetop and the filthy toilet.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

When I receive a confirmed booking I immediately print off the booking conformation with the guest contact details just in case airbnb pull the carpet from under you, also add their details in to Whats app

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Kind of sad what we hosts have to go through on this platform. Being "disappeared" without having any idea what is going on - Losing all of one's bookings, one's listing, one's income, one's ability to pay their mortgage and bills - can be absolutely traumatizing; as well as dehumanizing.

You are correct. Exactly how I felt!