Adding a named guest to the booking

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Adding a named guest to the booking

Hello, there are probably already threads on this but I can't find them, nor find any info on the Help pages.

I have two guests booked to stay later this week but they are arriving separately. The one arriving first is not the named guest on the booking, therefore not the one messaging me on Airbnb, and I need to communicate with her. Of course, I can do this by phone, but I'd rather do it on the system.

Both guests paid (split payment) and Guest 1 has 'invited' Guest 2 after I sent her this link: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1175/how-do-i-share-trip-details-with-others, so she can see the itinerary, but not message me and she is not appearing on the reservation as a named guest with the little profile picture. I have seen this on other reservations, i.e. both guests' names and profile pics. How do I or the guests go about including her in the message thread?

Many thanks!

4 Replies 4

@Huma0 - you can't.  Even if they add the guest on the reservation, emails and messages only go the original booker.  Now, I learned this when trying to resolve a similar issue as a co-host - now that they've eliminated co-hosts, this issue may have a different answer or the answer was only because I was the co-host, but I doubt it.  At the time, after many emails, the response was that, even if the guest adds guests, even if the payment is split, emails from you are to the originating guest only. 

They can, however, provide you with a private email of the extra guest and you can communicate with them in that way. After my experience, I would recommend emailing BOTH guests with the same email - one through the messaging system and one through the private email.  My situation ended up with a whole lot of last minute negoitations because the guests were not on the same page with each other about their reservation.   

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Huma0 as I understand it, the only way you can on platform communicate with two folks is when you have a valid booker/business guest, any others with multi-guests still just have messages go back and forth to the primary guest (the one benefit is that reviews go to both profiles, but not messages). I think in these cases you just have to over-communicate all things: same message to the abb thread, then both emails, then maybe even both text messages.

Good luck

@Alice-and-Jeff0 good to see you pop up here, hope all is well in NC

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kelly149 @Alice-and-Jeff0

Thanks for your responses. I was suspecting that this was the case and that I couldn't communicate with both guests throught the Airbnb system. I don't understand why though on certain bookings I see a name and profile photo for both guests but not on this one where both have been added and paid. From the guest's end, both of them show up on the booking with name/photo, but on my end, only the primary one does...

That’s messed up.

if they have a profile & have been added you should at least be able to see the profile (but not message)