Advice regarding noise level apps

Katherine339
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Advice regarding noise level apps

Hi everyone,

I am a host from Melbourne Australia.  My new neighbour across and down the road is complaining about noise coming from my beach house.  The complaints are coming at all times of the day and night.  She has been even sent me videos of the noise, which frankly was hard to hear over the birds tweeting.  I have been hosting in Rye for 8 years and vet my guests really carefully.  But I can see that while she is renting across the road, there will be continual complaints.

So I was thinking of installing a noise level meter that would send me an alert if it went above acceptable levels.  

Is there such a thing?  I remember watching about one on the Netflix series "Staying here", but may have a faulty memory.

Has anyone used something like that?

Thanks

Katherine

1 Reply 1
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Katherine339, it looks like there is a wide variety of sound meters on the market, and I'm sure you could find one that sends you an alert. But maybe have a word to some of the other neighbours first and ask them what their experience has been? It seems strange that this new neighbour would complain if nothing is actually going on, but maybe they are hearing something else and blaming your rental (I had this exact situation with my next door neighbour that went on for over a year - she insisted that she could hear loud doof-doof coming from my house every single night! Turns out it was coming from elsewhere and 'bouncing' off my house...).  It would also be strange if ALL of your guests were creating excessive noise. Anyway, I guess a sound meter would give you peace of mind...