Amenities Rating

Sue489
Level 2
Rangiwahia, New Zealand

Amenities Rating

A recent guest has given a one star rating for amenities stating that I had no yoghurt or fresh cheese for them. I provide yoghurt with breakfast that was in the process of being made. I am a cheesemaker and offer sessions that a pre booked but this guest just wSnted to eat cheese for free. When I declined she said you are not truthful you say things to get ppl here. 

Then gave ave me a 1 star rating stating the same as above. 

4 Replies 4
Deborah350
Level 7
Grafton, Australia

Hmmm - just read your listing and no where does it say that the cheese making session has a fee attached. You also state that yoghurt is available with your breakfast, but it wasn't available for this guests breakfast? There was another mention of dairy products by Udderly?  I can understand their disappointment.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sue

I suggest you remove all mentions of yougurte / cheese on offer.

If you have some available, and decide to offer that to a guest, than it is an nice extra that they were not expecting, and you will be rated even higher...

And if, for any reason, you do not have any, well, then it will not be something that the guest was counting on..

Sue489
Level 2
Rangiwahia, New Zealand

Thanks Roberta, Yes I have updated my listing and removed the cheesemaking sessions and yoghurt. Being new to AirBNB, its all a learning curve.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sue

Sure is!

You can also put that you offer this at an extra activety, paid for - and that your guests have a discount.

But anyway, the "pleasing of the guest" is a long learning curve!