Automatic replies to Reservation Confirmations

KevinANDrew0
Level 3
Knoxville, TN

Automatic replies to Reservation Confirmations

At one time, I distinctly remember finding a sport where a host can setup an automatic reply email to guests once they confirm their reservation.  I would like to add to that email, but cannot find that place again.  Any ideas where it is?

Thank you,

KevinANDrew Jeske-Polyak

24 Replies 24

I have found a workarond. Under guests requirements, select option Guest trip Informaion, here you add a greeting or question while they are booking. 

Kristine67
Level 2
New York, NY

If a guest books through Instant Book, they will "see your greeting" but it doesn't look like this is captured in the messages. I found it under "guest requirements" -> "Guest trip information". I have asked for, some from pre-selected questions: 

Thanks for your booking, and I look forward to hosting you at the Serene Lakefront Cottage!
  • What brings you to the area?
  • Who are you coming with?
  • When do you think you’ll arrive?
  • Would you please confirm all guests are on the reservation?
Andrew217
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I used to have a similar issue, and I stumbled upon an amazing (and surprisingly affordable) service that handles auto responses of all types. Smartbnb changed my life and has saved me a ton of work and hassle, and you can check out the service at this link: https://smartbnb.io/messagingThe service is incredibly reliable and has served me very well! 🙂

Nice affiliate link!
Hannelize0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

@KevinANDrew0- Have you guys found the solution yet? Have the same problem and none of the answers takes me back to that automated message for reservation confirmation 😞

Okay, Airbnb did have a spot on your listing where you actually could set-up a whole check-in guide complete with pictures and captions under the pictures instructing people exactly where to turn and what to look for.  It is gone and I mean disappeared.  POOF GONE!  Without any notice or announcement just did away with it.  However, I am told by people who have booked my cottage they are still receiving these check-in instructions directions complete with pictures.  I no longer have access to it.  Yes, that is correct you heard right!  It is still out there directing my people where to go and what to look for, but I am unable to access it so I can't modify it.  My guess is Airbnb did this so they can market and sell their own tools to do this and charge a monthly fee for this very same feature that was at one time free and that we should still be able to utilize and access.  It was nice it was complete a great deal of thought and pictures and details went into it.  Now it's just a little blurb limited to a few words.  When I reached out to airbnb they denied having any knowledge of what I was talking about.  I went round and round with them just asking them to confirm that this actually did exist that I was not crazy and they denied denied denied only after I told them the chat was no help whatsoever and closed the chat did they send me an email message stating 

May I know where did the directions show up?
I will definitely investigate it for you .
Lesley, I can see that you have set up an account 2 years ago and the guidebook option was available 2 years back and you must be referring to that for sure.
However, we do not have this option available anymore and I apologize for the inconvenience.

SEE THE ENTIRE CHAT BELOW AND AT THE VERY BOTTOM IS THIS WHICH I RECOMMEND EVERYONE SHARE AND REQUEST THAT THIS FEATURE BE BROUGHT BACK IMMEDIATELY!! 

However you can definitely request this feature by sharing your feedback from the below link :

https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/1640/how-can-i-give-feedback-about-airbnb

I am trying to locate my check-in details (pictures) and instructions. The only thing that I can find is the page where I select I have a lock box and the instructions for entering the code to get the key out. I know I have set up a whole section where when someone books the cottage they receive the check in instructions complete with pictures of the driveway to turn down and arrows pointing in the correct direction. I have looked and am unable to find this info on my page to update it.
󹀁
Please wait while we are routing your case.
9:49 AM
󹀁
Thanks for your message - Airbnb Support is connecting you to a chat agent. Your chat session will begin in 1 - 2 minutes.
9:49 AM
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support9:49 AM
Hi Lesley, my name is Anshul S and I'm with Airbnb support. I'd be happy to help you today. Give me a moment while I look into your case.
Thank You for choosing Airbnb and I will be happy to assist you!
I can certainly understand that you want to update your check in instructions and I will help you with that.
Lesley, I would like to inform you that the guests can see the check in instructions on their itinerary 72 hours before check in date.
Here is the link to update the check in instructions :

https://www.airbnb.com/manage-your-space/27326536/details/guest-resources

Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin9:53 AM
Yes but I have pictures set-up with arrows pointing down the driveway at the sign that they turn at and none of that is here did it get deleted?
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support9:54 AM
I am sorry about it however only you have the access to the listing settings and no one else .
Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin9:55 AM
I have a picture the front of my house and then the driveway they turn down the hook in the cottage showing where they can keep the key none of this is there and there is no way to access this information to view and change from the guest resources page.
Yes, but there are check in instructions complete with pictures I am unable to find this information on my page to update it because things have changed where can I find it because it is not under guest resources check in directions and instructions that the guest receive prior to check in it helps them navigate to the cottage and shows them exactly what to look for can you please tell me where I need to go on my listing to find this info so i can make my necessary changes.
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support9:57 AM
I understand that but you need to click on edit to make the changes and I would like to inform you that you cannot upload a picture on the edit settings however you can just write down the description for the check in and as I can see that you have already mentioned the code for the lock box for guests to check in.
Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin9:59 AM
There was at one time pictures and complete directions and instructions on where to turn to get to the property. So there is no way to upload pictures so they can see exactly where to go?
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support10:01 AM
I completely understand that however the guests are aware of the check in instructions in their itinerary and if you specifically want to point out any directions you can always do that by mentioning it on the listing description or in house manual.
The guests can access the property from the Google maps .
I completely understand that you want the guests to check in without any issues and we really appreciate it.
Please do not worry at all and in case you want to send any special instructions you can also do that by sending an email to the guests with the attachment for the directions.
Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin10:08 AM
Okay, however, am I crazy or did there use to be a place under check in instructions that you could upload pictures and exact details to help them find the place and know exactly how to check in. I had this set-up and now it is gone so can you please tell me didn't there use to be this place and now it is gone/changed
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support10:09 AM
I absolutely understand where you coming from this however there is no such option under Guest resources to upload the pictures .
There never was any particular setting where you cvan upload tghe pictures for the check in instructions but you have to manually write the description for check in.

Please refer to the screenshot above as these are the only options you get while entering the check in instructions.
Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin10:12 AM
Okay this was no help whatsoever.
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support10:14 AM
I am really sorry if you feel that way however can you cofirm if yo had seen this option before and any particular guest who has seen this option.
**confirm**
May I know where did the directions show up?
I will definitely investigate it for you .
Lesley, I can see that you have set up an account 2 years ago and the guidebook option was available 2 years back and you must be referring to that for sure.
However, we do not have this option available anymore and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Lesley & Kevin
Lesley & Kevin10:44 AM
Well now that you finally confessed that you knew exactly what I was talking about all along you could have saved me some time after all I have already wasted 2 hours of my time looking for this information to update on my airbnb account.
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support10:48 AM
I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to and I did not mean to waste your time on this.
Yes you are right as I should have initially shared the information with you.
Lesley, I was investigating the account, and I was getting an opinion from our experts so it took a little time and I just wanted to make sure that I share the correct information with you.
However you can definitely request this feature by sharing your feedback from the below link :

https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/1640/how-can-i-give-feedback-about-airbnb

Harmoni1
Level 1
Austin, TX

How frustrating! I feel like I remember this as well from when I had a listing in Nashville 6 years ago or so. I am just hosting again for the first time in a while and am shocked at how different the platform is! I did just notice that there is a NEW feature (so they say) called "Saved Responses" in the inbox. It's where all of your "House Manuals" and "House Rules" end up. I just created a saved message called "Thanks For Booking" that I can click on and send to anyone who books. It's not automated, but at least I don't have to type it out every time. It looks like it can be pretty long, too. No character limit that I could see.

I got to it by going into my host inbox, clicking on a message and a box appears up top that says "Use Saved Message". When you click on that, it opens another box where you can save a new message. 

Hope this helps a little!

Maximilian76
Level 2
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Listings -> Booking Settings -> Guest Requirements (Bottom of Page)

Mike1006
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Check-in Instructions are (still) available from my mobile app, (still) NOT on the website interface. (Suppose its not on web site b/c this is a mobile function. Hosts take pix with their phones of the doors, locks, etc and guests have their phones when checking in)

On your mobile app (mine is android) Go to:
Listing-guest resources-check-in instructions (between wifi and house manual).

We set-up pis & descriptions "this is our house", "use right door" "enter code in lock here" (etc) and instructions here.

Hope this helps! 

Fiona58
Level 6
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Has anyone found how to update the buried instructions yet?  Any Airbnb folks in a comfy office somewhere ever read this thread??!  HELP!!