Automatically accepted guest reservation request when I tried to adjust the reservation

Erik131
Level 1
Mishawaka, IN

Automatically accepted guest reservation request when I tried to adjust the reservation

I had special event pricing for different weekends on my calendar. AirBNB kept advertising for me to turn on 'Smart Pricing'. So eventually I did.

Once I did that, it overrid all my special event pricing (but didnt make me aware of that). Then someone requested to book a weekend of a special event at an extremely low rate (1/3 of normal pricing for the area). I explained to them the pricing error and went to edit the reservation and change the price. Once I sent a request to them for a different price, it automatically accepted their booking at the lower rate and just sent a request for them to agree to more. Why would it do that when I did not accept the request yet. I just wanted to send them a new price. 

Is there a different way to fix incorrect pricing after someone requests to book? Why would Airbnb auto accept when I make a change to their request?

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It depends, @Erik131, if it is a request or an inquiry. I know that if the status is the latter, it is still possible to adjust the price. At least it was possible a month ago. I don't know about requests, though because I'm on Instant Book.

About Smart Pricing - you must override it on any special days if your expected price for those is higher than SP minimum.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"