Blocking out dates

Kate391
Level 2
Barnstaple, United Kingdom

Blocking out dates

Hi 

Its says in the help section that if I block out a week the start and end days will be only shaded half, so that for example guests leaving on a Friday will not block out the whole day and that Friday should be available for new guests to book. 

I have noticed that my blocked dates block a week out and that the availability on the website to clients is from the following day, not the day my guests leave and the property should therefore be availble from. 

Any ideas on how I can ge the system to recognise that the last day blocked is when the availability should start from? 

2 Replies 2

@Kate391 - when you block, you need to think of it as blocking "nights" not

calendar blocking 1.JPGdays.   So using the calendar from your listing.  What you see here is the options for check in dates for the guest.  That means the first NIGHT they can stay with you.  In this case, January 19 is the first night and they can check in during the day of Jan 19.   

calendar blocking 2.JPGThey can stay through the NIGHT of Jan 26 and check out on Jan. 27 (which is blocked or booked on your calendar)  See on the check out calendar, the date of the 27th is available - so checking out on the 27th is okay but staying overnight is not available.  

So when you block a date you are blocking that night's availability.  If you want people to be able to stay over on that night, you would only block up until the day before.  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The Airbnb has a certain limitation in it, that other calendars of similar booking agencies do not: they show days as being totally blocked or not, versus 1/2 blocked which is applicable to a day that guests are leaving and a new guest can arrive.