Bogus/fake listings not removed after reporting

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Bogus/fake listings not removed after reporting

I'm curious as to what folks think of this issue....

Back in February, 3 months + ago, I reported a suspicious listing https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/32579501 as fake, by clicking the "Report this listing" tab below the red "Book" bar. Airbnb failed to remove, so I sent a couple of messages detailing my concerns. They replied that it was nothing to worry about, even tho' the bizarre wording & amenities suggested fake. So 10 days ago I sent another message  to CS & received a reply acknowledging it WAS bogus, but saying "We can't delete the listing cos it's not a legit link of Airbnb. Thank you for raising this concern to our attention, we will make sure we address this case." 10 days later the fake listing is still up.

22 Replies 22
Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Helen350  Hi If you click on the calendar with any dates to book this listing all the dates suddenly are blocked out, allowing only 1 night stay. My thoughts are maybe Airbnb have done this to stop unsuspecting guests from booking. Nice apartment whoever it belongs to!!!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

This listing is legitimately posted on the official Airbnb site whether it is genuine or not. Airbnb doesn't seem in too big of a rush to remove it.

@Emilia42 Ever since I clicked through, the site looks completely different on my laptop.  I thought it was just an update and posted about it - the new new thing I think it’s called - but I now wonder if I’ve ended up on a bogus site.  What do you think?

@Ann72 hmm it looks the same to me. I can't tell the difference between this listing and any other Airbnb listing. I bet it was actually posted on the Airbnb site and it is a 'real' listing but it doesn't exist in the area like Helen pointed out. When someone requests to book, the "host" probably directs them to another form of payment or something like that. That is my guess.

@Emilia42 You are right.  I checked with Airbnb about the site as I see it and showed them a screenshot with the missing hosting menu across the top and they said it was their website, so all is well.

@Ann72 You are always the first to see the new stuff. I'll probably be waiting another two months over here.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Ann72 ...but Airbnb told me it WAS a scam.... (SO many red flags.) So why can't they remove it?

@Helen350 I’m sorry, but I don’t know.