Business is picking up! Way up!

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Business is picking up! Way up!

I'm beating last years numbers since we've opened back up. I think people are tired of being cooped up in their homes and want to get out to do something fun. I hope you all are having success too! 

-Don in Lithia Springs Ga.

68 Replies 68
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Donald28thats fantastic. Is six Flags open? I still wake up to 2-3 EC cancellations every morning.  Booked on weekends only at winter rates and Airbnb does not allow one night stays in chicago 

no they are not even open yet! When they open we will likely be booked solid. 

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Donald28  I love those one night stays! They're so easy and the best!

Yes and you dont get sick of the guests. Sometimes, 2 nights and longer is too much if the people are too needy, dirty or annoying. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Stay safe @Donald28  and I am happy for you. Happy hosting. 🙂

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Congrats @Donald28 . . .Someday Maine will open again

@Donald28 It took a little while but my 3 listings are fully booked for August!!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I'm pleased to see you are not FORCED to block your calendar between guests @Donald28 , & that you are allowed bookings on consecutive days!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

That's great news @Donald28 

The sooner we all return to people in Governance applying common laws & adhering to them that have always existed across the world the sooner we can have our Civil Liberties back, including jobs & reopening of borders so people can travel to New Zealand which is made up of Islands & simply cannot function without Tourism.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

It's nice, that you have a good news to share in these difficult times.

I'm on the long term market now. It took me a month to find a tenant for my place. It was not easy, but....life goes on.

tebeshir.jpg

@Donald28 

Great to hear good news from a fellow host~~  Thanks for sharing~

Henry and I have decided to just take it easy and temporarily stop hosting for the remainder of the year since we only host international guests and international travel for most of this year will probably be difficult. Although we miss having a guest to fuss over and share meals with, it's also been nice having the house to ourselves and not having to worry about keeping shared spaces neat and clean - we are both becoming quite the slobs at home 🤣🤣🤣

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Donald28 

Good on you Don, great to see.

I said I would bow out of here for a while due to the resentment and hardship a lot of hosts around the world are feeling at the moment. I was sort made to feel like, if I got a booking or two I was rubbing salt into the wound!

But DM conversations with moderator @Nick have suggested that many hosts do like to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel.....and although my success since the start of May has not been as spectacular as yours Don, it has certainly got me back to full on 'mop and bucket' duty!

June bookings.png

And I am not the only one here! A TV news item a couple of weeks ago said Airbnb booking in my state are 70% up on what they were for the same time last year!

Like @Helen427 in New Zealand, Australia relies heavily on international tourism. But equally, Aussies are great travelers and have the money in their pockets to do it. It will probably be at least another 6 months before Australia opens it's borders to international tourism but, that also means we are not permitted to leave Australia! There are lots of tourist dollars to be spent, and if they can't be spent overseas.....they will be spent here, and that is what we are finding.

New Zealand has lead the world in getting on top of COVID-19 and Helen, you should be so proud of what you have all done as a nation to get where you are! 

@Inna22  I find it puzzling that Airbnb would allow one night bookings in some parts of the world and not others, is there some reason for that? Is that an Airbnb policy or the City of Chicago ruling?

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Make the most of this time where you can just be yourselves.....you and Henry, nobody else! I just loved being able to sleep until 9 in the morning for that 5 weeks....being able to go out and drop a fart in the garden whenever I felt like it. I loved not being a prisoner in my own space for a while. Betts hated it, I am sure she developed separation anxiety....she would sit down at the front gate looking down the street wondering where all the people were. 

@Dimitar27  I am so pleased you have found a way around your short term renting. There is something about the 'security' of having long term guests that I sometimes yearn for. It can be difficult when you have to re-invent yourself every night or two, but, I have been lucky, I have been blessed with a steady supply of great guests over the past 4 years. I have only had possibly three I would not like to shake hands with again! 

@Suzanne302 Those one night stays take it out of you when you get to my age and unfortunately Ade can't help anymore. But despite my age I feel fit and I think those one night stays have had a bit to do with that.....they stop me spending endless hours here sitting on my bum typing away in front of this screen!

To Helen in Whitehaven (don't know why I can't access your tag)  @Yadira22  and @Emilia42 , keep your chin up guys. This virus will come to an end despite the best efforts of Donald and Boris, there is a rainbow on the horizon.5952952920_49e18d93af_b.jpg

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4 wrote:

@Donald28 

Good on you Don, great to see.

I said I would bow out of here for a while due to the resentment and hardship a lot of hosts around the world are feeling at the moment. I was sort made to feel like, if I got a booking or two I was rubbing salt into the wound!

Based on the 385 views of my post and just 4 "thumbs up", I do think people may be a little resentful. I can totally understand that. 

Our state (GEORGIA) was one of the first to "open" up after the pandemic scare so that has given me time to rent that others haven't had yet. It'll come though. This pandemic scare can't go on forever. 

@Donald28 I don't resent your success, but people doing back-to-back one-night stays scares the *bleep* out of me.