Change listing URL

Answered!
Vanessa135
Level 1
Denver, CO

Change listing URL

I want to eliminate some unscrupulous followers from accessing my listing and have updated my profile pics, description to provide an additional layer of privacy, but need to change my listing URL without losing my superhost status of reviews.  

How can I do that?

1 Best Answer
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I assume you are talking about somebody who knows you list on AirBnB and where your property is?

So you can chnage the profile picture so they could not recognose you, could thye not recognise the apartment or your name?

You can go onto the ABB site and zoom in so you will not have a full address but you can quickly go through the ones in that area.

David

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Vanessa135 I don't think that's possible.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I assume you are talking about somebody who knows you list on AirBnB and where your property is?

So you can chnage the profile picture so they could not recognose you, could thye not recognise the apartment or your name?

You can go onto the ABB site and zoom in so you will not have a full address but you can quickly go through the ones in that area.

David

@Vanessa135

The only way you can do this is to create a whole new duplicate listing.  This will give you a new URL.  When the new listing is ready to go live, you can snooze the existing listing until you have honoured all future bookings then deactivate or delete.  Your follower may have noted your current updated photos so you will likely have to change these again if they are following the URL.  Depending on how keen they are to look for you or how many listing there are to search through in your area, they may again identify you from the reviews.  Would it be worth snoozing the listing for a couple of weeks to throw them off the track?  At least a new URL would be an extra hurdle that they may not have the interest to persue especially if you hide out for even a few days?  Depends on the circumstances.  I certainly wish you luck.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Vanessa135 you can forget about being completely anonymous. 

If anything illegal get police or else involved. 

Alexia96
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

hello i was wondering it's possibel to edit my url name -- to be more simple/easy to type ???