Check your covid-19 support payments, they are now listed in cancelled reservations.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

Check your covid-19 support payments, they are now listed in cancelled reservations.

Go into reservations, then click cancelled reservations, covid-19 support payments are listed

Rubén
16 Replies 16
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

thanks @Rubén16 for that info.  Wow, Ouchy, Its good and bad to see what that new column shows.  Not sure yet what I will be able to do with it but its nice to have that part of the financials documented where we can see it in B&W.   Stay well, JR 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Rubén16  but I don't think this system is fully working for everyone. There is no amount showing for mine, just a dash, and it says 'pending' and 'processing', so no indication of what the payment will be, when I can expect it, or if I will get any payment at all.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Huma0Hopefully you will have your information soon, mine was downloaded this morning.

Rubén
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Huma0,

I hope you are doing ok. 

I know this reservation page is being updated for everyone today, so it could be that you are presently in the transition. Are any of the amounts showing? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

Nice to hear from you. I hope you are well too.

So, I am hopeful that the payouts will happen at some point as the ones that were not eligible are showing as 'not eligible' but the ones that are  showing as both 'pending' and 'processing' on the cancelled reservations page, but there are no amounts, just a dash.

Meanwhile, those bookings are not showing up at all on my transaction page and on the bookings themselves, the payout amount shows as £0. That is why it is so confusing. None of the information matches up, but I guess that's because the system is being adapted all the time in line with new policies.

Aaron677
Level 1
Jackson, MI

So it looks like those of us with 'flexible' policies are pretty much screwed.

Here's from the support page: "Since support payments depend on the amount owed to you by guests at the time of cancellation, those of you with Flexible and Moderate policies may be less likely to benefit from them"

Basically my whole column says 'ineligible' because the guest technically didn't owe anything when they cancelled, due to my flexible policy. 

Hi @Aaron677 , your correct, nothing due for those of us that are flexible.  I have experienced no pay due cancellation many times in the past but I never experienced 30+ in a month or even a year for that matter (I hope I never do again either).  The question isn't  will we get anything, we wont, its our policy that guarantees that, the real question is will we continue to be "Flexible" from here on.    Im probably going to stay that way regardless because I'm convinced that when we don't have a pandemic, I get lots more bookings due to that policy than I would if I didnt.  I guess that's a price were going to have to factor in to our decisions to use that feature as and attractant , stay well, JR  

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Thanks for this Ruben

Lots of mine are saying 

Not applicable
unrelated to COVID-19

They 100% are due to covid-19.  How is Airbnb determining this?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Tony-And-Una0 

Based on Airbnb criteria a host should receive 25% of the amount due under their active cancellation policy (at the time of cancellation). If your guest was not liable to pay anything at their date of cancellation, you would receive 25% of nothing... Nothing.

It is a great service hosts provide to guests in holding their accommodation available for booking 'free of charge' until almost a week before the guest(s) arrives. Though - Airbnb will still retain their service fee from those guests - so no great service there! Your current cancellation policy indicates that you will be due nothing up until 5 days before your guest arrival, so under those settings your guest(s) can cancel up to 6 days before arrival, since you are owed nothing until after then, and you will get nothing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  A pedantic correction. Its actually the cancellation policy in place at the time the booking was made not the cancellation policy in place at the time of cancellation that will determine any payout.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Correct.

Celia302
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

I only have a small number of bookings as I started hosting only in January (awful timing)! I have 4 cancellations that meet all the criteria for a refund but 3 of them show as “not applicable” on this page (the last is pending with the dash under payout). I have a moderate cancellation policy. How can I sort this out? Is anyone in the same boat? 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Celia302 If your cancellation policy is 'moderate' & your guests cancelled more than 5 days before arrival, you would have got nothing under the normal cancellation policy. Therefore, under this new, special Covid policy you get 25% of nothing = nothing!  cf. 'Strict' policy : 25% of 50% = 12.5 % payout... with fees deducted.

It was always 25% OF YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY, not 25% of your listing price. 😞

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

My cancellation policy has been consistent. I have been compensated for some but not others.

It is not saying they are not eligible, it is saying they are "not related" to Covid 19 which they are.