Cheers and thanks ...... Airbnb!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Cheers and thanks ...... Airbnb!

Cheers and thanks Airbnb!

What should have been my busiest Airbnb month for hosting, well........ it was just a very busy month for hosting.

But not as we Airbnb host’s know it. With our daughter’s wedding taking place in our back yard and all the incoming family and friends from across Australia and also from the USA, there was absolutely no room at this “inn” for paying Airbnb guests!

When you have a short season to capture the tourists in town, you need to be absolutely philosophical about it, when you don’t open for business!

Sure, I was out of the game, but our little event also benefitted others. Although a small wedding by standards, with most guests travelling into town, around 50plus, we added to the Airbnb accommodation economy. Direct family members booked four homes and units and that’s before we even started to consider the friends who used Airbnb, which was most of them....

So time has come and gone and on reflection, things went wonderfully well. The loving couple got married, all guests enjoyed the magical night and I was still standing, and back hosting by the end of the month! No one said they had booked bad Airbnb accommodation. No one had a bad experience! Even the “wedding night” was an Airbnb unit!

Now that I’m well back into the swing of hosting, the season will end soon..... but you tourists out there need to be less afraid of the pending arrival of heat and the October rise in humidity. Our guests since the wedding have actually benefited from some extra lighting, that we have not yet removed; extra floral arrangements, the extra attention to garden landscaping and a number of little extras, still on offer.....and so it’s a win win for everyone!

Airbnb has given us this flexibility in our life and how we utilise our extra space, so I raise a glass and salute you! Cheers! 🥂

Thanks Airbnb! 👏🏼👏🏼The remaining  lights from the house, but now without the dry bar table and stools.The remaining lights from the house, but now without the dry bar table and stools.

Solar lights in trees, spots and curtain lights- all still up for our Airbnb guests to enjoy! It was all about the lighting!Solar lights in trees, spots and curtain lights- all still up for our Airbnb guests to enjoy! It was all about the lighting!

Just thought I’d show some of the table flowers. All in their vases, both Aussie natives and tropical, all ready to be put on the tablesJust thought I’d show some of the table flowers. All in their vases, both Aussie natives and tropical, all ready to be put on the tablesLarge tropical urns still being  refilled and used in the Airbnb space...Large tropical urns still being refilled and used in the Airbnb space...

17 Replies 17
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Cathie19 

Aww Garry knows though when he took you on, "Marriage is in Good times and in bad times"  - you and your sisters had the Good Times :):):)

Ann678
Level 2
Greece

Wow @Cathie19  Absolutely gorgeous ! Love the lighting, flowers and setting. And for such a happy event.  

We're sweltering here in Greece about 37c today. What about you in Darwin ?

Keeping the crocs at bay, I hope ?

Vassilis & Ann.

Thanks @Ann678

Were looking and feeling, pretty good! AB7CC55B-612B-4AFC-BA87-C3DD0A9FB44F.jpeg