Cleaning and linen laundry for extended stays?

Terrence17
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Cleaning and linen laundry for extended stays?

We’re getting worn out doing our own cleaning and linen/towels and moving towards longer term min 30 day rentals. 

Weve had some prospective renters ask about how often cleaning and linen/towels are changed under this scenario thinking it’s the same as a hotel/motel (i.e. daily) but that seems like a lot and would be expensive if we use an outside service. 

Is there a general practice of what is usually provided?

thanks!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Terrence17 

For "long term stays" i always ask the guest what they prefer.

Most of them are happy when fresh bedlinen is provided once a week and then they do the change themself. Or some guests let me know in advance everytime they like to have fresh bedlinen.

Same for towels, provide some sets and they can let you know when running out.

Cleaning: if it is just a room, most guest are happy to keep it clean themself. Shared spaces, bathroom etc : You need to clean it reguraly, but it depends on usage how often, you will find out by experience.

It also depends on the usage by the guests, some take  3 showers a day, others once a week ;>).

Offcourse it also depends on the pricelevel and qualilty of your accommodation: higher means als higher expectations from guests.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Bedding chage once a week, and towels every four days? It's a tough one, but you can build weekly cleaning into your rate, @Terrence17, especially as you don't offer a washer. That would seem fair to me.