Cleaning out strong scent

Josh-And-Tolu0
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Cleaning out strong scent

A recent guest that we had left the room with a strong scent. I don't know if it's a perfume or body product but we've been airing out the room for 4 days now and it still smells. What do we do?

How do we prevent this from happening next time?

Our cleaning fee is $15 and thinking of increasing because of things like this

19 Replies 19
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I am with @Barry-and-Lera0 

The first time something like this happenEd to me, I bought a very inexpensive O-Zone machine on Amazon. It couldn’t be more than $60. It clears out all orders and I’ve gotten multiple uses sense. Not because guests are so stinky, but now I just use it whenever there’s even a faint odor

Thank you @Inna22 

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Josh-And-Tolu0 

Ozone machine- just be sure to really read the precautions and really follow them. 

Thanks a lot @Emily487 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Message the guests and ask about the smell. Ask if they can help pinpoint it to a possible spill of something so you can better clean it up. 

I had a drunk guest puke in our tinyhouse. You could smell it the moment you walked in the door but there was no indication of where it was. I asked them if someone puked and they told me yes and exactly where. It was on the bedframe and the rug. I tossed the rug and cleaned the bedframe and the smell was gone!