Cleaning visits

Nirala0
Level 2
Waterloo, Canada

Cleaning visits

Hi there, 

I offer guests staying over 7 nights a cleaning visit at least 1x week.  For my current guests (3rd time visiting), the cleaner reported that the place was extremely messy- dirty dishes, food lying around, caked on food on cupboard, garbage left inside etc.  She also believes they smoke, disregarding the no-smoking rule.  Nevertheless, she was not very happy about the amount of cleaning she did on this visit.  I messaged the guests to remind them of the no-smoking rule and to keep the place tidy - that dirty dishes, food lying around and garbage can encourage rodents.  The guests wrote back saying she will discuss my concerns after her vacation, and to let the cleaner know they won't be needing her for the duration of their stay (which will be over a week unattended), and that they will leave the place as they found it. 

Since the location is in the tropics, things can get really nasty, buggy, and caked on if left alone.  Previous guests behavior did encourage a rat inside which caused some damages to linens/pillows, and took over a week to get rid of.  The guests don't have any cleaning supplies except for a mop/broom.  

What would you do?  Let it fly and not send up the cleaner?  

15 Replies 15
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Nirala0 I agree with @Laura2592. your place is gorgeous, so I think you should assert your right to send the cleaner around. If the place is as messy as last time, then you know you've got a problem and you can block them from booking again. Since they obviously like your place (3rd time booking), being blocked might teach them to respect other people's things. Best of luck with it.