Considering Hosting

Considering Hosting

I am considering turning my home into an air bnb and begin hosting, however I have concerns that no one would book my home or not enough to make it worth it.  I am on located on a main street across from a shopping plaza.  20-30 mins from the city, however public transportation is not in walking distance.  Mins from the highway.  I don't have any great amenities that would attract a lot of people to book.  Only 1 other person host in my town on air bnb.  Did anyone have this fear prior to hosting and it turned out for the better?

3 Replies 3
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

When we set up our primary Airbnb, I was hoping to rent 9 days per month: that was my goal. In our 4 months of hosting, we've booked an average of 20 days per month. I can't speak for your area, but if your area only has one Airbnb and they seem to be booked often, you should be good. If you're concerned, don't invest too much money in setting it up before you know there will be bookings. Just try it and see how it goes. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Probably everyone had that fear, probably everyone was shock (and thrilled) when they got their first booking. 🙂

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Lisa877 Just give it a shot, if it doesn’t work out, no harm, no foul.