Day 6 - Hurray for the opportunity to share, to meet new people and to enjoy each other's company!

Stephen-Graham0
Level 10
Tarragona, Spain

Day 6 - Hurray for the opportunity to share, to meet new people and to enjoy each other's company!

image2.png

A little flashback to the end of the year and conclusions on our great and new experience started a few months ago: the short term holiday rental!!! 😂 with the help of AirBnb of course, we made the choice to trust this online platform and we do not regret it. What an adventure, but also a stressful one!!! Of course we have to be well informed beforehand about our duties/obligations to be in the legality so that everything goes well. And especially to be super organized! Then, after wiping some rough patches we are ready and the Airbnb adventure becomes interesting, even exciting. You discover a new activity, almost a job, the pleasure of receiving strangers that you welcome as if they were friends. You meet a lot of people and it is so enriching.

What I like the most is the idea of contributing to the guests having a good holiday. This activity has a "social" side that I find particularly rewarding when you do it with sincerity, with your heart and the desire to please.

I had a very good mentor: my mother who lives in Salou has been doing this activity for some time now. She is full of praise for her experience as a Host!

But I'll let her share her story below:

I have been part of the Airbnb community since 2018. 

I live in Salou, a seaside resort on the Costa Dorada that has 2 major assets: its beaches and the Portaventura theme park. So I receive guests, in B&B, mainly during the 2 summer months, for stays of 3 days on average. 

My Airbnb experience has been very satisfying and I particularly appreciate the guests who come, not for an impersonal stay like in a hotel, but to have a personal contact, advice, and exchanges. I think that what helps to establish this contact is offering breakfast, with several possible choices. It's a bit of a hassle but it's worth it!

During these three years (actually two because last year the lockdown was very penalizing), we had the opportunity, with my husband who is seconding me, to make beautiful encounters.  What could be more gratifying, once the vacations are over, than to hear from these people who have kept good memories of their stay and who are thinking of coming back!

Isabelle and Annie

image1.png

Isabelle
4 Replies 4
Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Bom dia isso e  simplesmente gratificante!

cada hospede que vem e vai !

fica algo especial!

abraço Loni 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Congratulations @Stephen-Graham0 on becoming a host, following in your mother’s footsteps.

There is a lot of hard work in being a good host, but the rewards can be extensive and wonderful. Not just the financial benefits….

The friendships and the interaction with people from all parts of the world and from all walks of life, enriches us all.

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

BRAVO @Stephen-Graham0  you are obviously doing something right if your guests love their experience staying with you and then want to return. As a new host myself, there is a lot to do to ensure that our guests take away a positive vibe on their time with us. So being committed and responsive to enquiries is how to keep those guests coming back. Continued success and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas 😎

Linda
Stephen-Graham0
Level 10
Tarragona, Spain

Thank you @Loni56 @Cathie19 @Linda3273  for your very kind words, whising you also a Feliz Navidad  Joyeux Noël Merry merry Christmas !! Don´t forget to visit us in Salou if you are coming to Spain!!! 😘

Isabelle