Deposit claim, resolution centre & contacting Airbnb

Nick95
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Deposit claim, resolution centre & contacting Airbnb

I had a guest who changed identity on the airbnb system from me excepting his booking to him turning up.

Even the profile picture which lets face it is 50% of what you have to go by before trusting your home to someone was of two different people.

A big mistake to accept a last minute booking on a Saturday.

To cut a long story short hundreds of pounds of damage was caused and items missing and then they did a runner with the keys so i had to change the locks.

I had some initial email contact with airbnb but now the email address i had doesn't work and i wasn't given a phone number.

The incident was about 2 months ago now and i put a claim into the resolution centre a few weeks back but have had no response.

When things go wrong it seems to be impossible to speak to anyone at Airbnb.

Does anyone have a valid email address or phone number?

Thanks

Nick

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Nick95

A little confused by your post. Did you contact BNB within 48 hours through their resolution centre as they request, but they haven't got back to you. If so follow up on their social media to chase for a response. You can also call them.

The first post on the community centre forum shows you all the ways to contact them.

Going forward if someone who turns up isn't the person who books, as I am sure you are aware, you don't have to let them in. Just call BNB and tell them what has happened and they will cancel the booking.

So sorry you have had this bad experience. Let us know how it goest with BNB.

Nick95
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Helen - thanks for your reply.

I did actually trawl the internet at the time which came up with a number but sadly i don't have it now.

I spoke to someone in Ireland who was helpful enough and asked me to email photos and description of what happened etc which I did.  I received a call a couple of days later from the US which was very similar to the first conversation with the chap in Ireland, but after that everything went quiet and the email address I was originally given now bounces the emails back.

I did also look on the bnb site and discovered the resolution centre.  I filed a claim and waited about 2 weeks when you then get the option to 'involve Airbnb' which I did probably about a month ago now but have heard nothing….. I filed the claim on the resolution centre on the day of the guests exit.

I am having exactly the same problem. After involving AirBnB through the Resolution Centre I have heard nothing. The claim says AirBbnB have solved the issue - but they have had zero communication with me. I have a number of properties on here and am strongly considering removing them all as it appears there is NO host guarentee for damage. Guests left damage they deny doing. AirBnB remain flippantly silent. Where are these magical contact numbers for AirBnB? I have wasted hours trying to make contact with an actual person. Beware house owners - AirBnB do not care!!