Did you know that if you have a martial law in the country (war status) and you get a male client...

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Did you know that if you have a martial law in the country (war status) and you get a male client...

who get's in trouble in airport with custom officer, and you keep dates for this client, none of his money are getting back to you if he does not enter the country at last moment. But if there is no martial law, any conflict of male with the custom officer is already viewed by airbnb support as a private conflict with the police, and you get your money, if the client is returned back home at last moment.

I had that case, when martial law was annulated at last moment on 26th of december 2018 at last moment.

And russian male client was returned back to russia.

But some stuff in airbnb forgot to uncheck the country status in inside CRM system because everybody's busy before New Year.

What I am speaking about is that the male clients can book the entire month, and you can loose all your potential money at last moment because of male bad behavior of the client in the airport. And if the country has martial law, the money is getting back to the client automatically. In any other case you can request money back.

It's funny because the business is worldwide and for  airbnb it's only a question of checkmark set in CRM system.

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464

Hi - while not an ideal situation, if someone is denied entry then there is a reason for doing so. Not sure why you keep talkin about male vs female in your posts. Their gender does not matter - male or female in the case of martial law you lose out. 

Did this actually happen to you or is it another theoretical question?

They guys from the closer border countries are getting rejected much more often then girls on our land, if martial law takes place. Pure statistic from my rental experience. 

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

I own half of the guest house which I am renting out to diplomats and embassy workers on a long term rent. And some rooms (in re-renting period of time, while I am looking for the next long term lessee) i give for a daily rent in this house. So, I am actually speaking of real case scenarios that happened to me. 

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

And, by the way, when the country is having a war conflict with some other country, and the guest is comming from that other country, the airbnb department that is managing that other country sector told me that they allow to put refusals on that guests. Even if it is an instant booking case. As they understand that they can not give you the garantee for 100% guest arrival which can break your financial prediction plan. And if the guest is rejected at last moment on the border,  and asks for financial compensation from airbnb, the money is returned to him, mo matter what rules you have in you ad as a host. But who covers situation for the host? The host kept dates for the guest, let's say, the guest booked 1-2 weeks period. It means, you are not able to sell such block of dates at last moment. So, be aware of this fact.