Difficult guest before arriving

Difficult guest before arriving

My guest has now sent me a message saying they have to arrive a day later. she is booked for 20 days and this is the second time I feel a little skeptical about hosting this person. I almost want this person to cancel so I wont have to deal with the problems in see. What should I do?

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jeanetta0 Let her know she’s free to arrive any time during her 20-day reservation. Sometimes plans change. If she submits s reservation change, you can accept or decline it. 

She definitely can’t arrive anytime during her 20 day reservation because I leave for Botswana a day after she wants to arrive. I won’t cancel but I can’t let her inconvenience my trip. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jeanetta0

If you can't check her in later then she originally booked then you should let her know. Then she have a choice to check in at time or cancel her reservation.

Thanks Branka & Silvia 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Can a friend or family member let her in to help you out just saying 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jeanetta0 Remember, a request to change is just that- a request. However, you should also keep in mind that if CS decides to allow her to cancel bc you cannot or will not change her reservation it is entirely possible that they will fully refund her