Airbnb Canceled a Reservation By Mistake

Amber28
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Airbnb Canceled a Reservation By Mistake

Hi all! I'm a newish Airbnb host and just had a weird experience. I received a reservation request from a guest for the week of Christmas. We exchanged several messages back and forth about the location of our place and other details. After a few exchanges, she ended up booking our space. A day or two later, however, I received an email from Airbnb indicating that they were cancelling the reservation because it "doesn't appear to be legitimate."

This guest has great reviews from prior Airbnb stays and definitely appears to be a real person -- not a spambot of some sort. I can't imagine what made Airbnb think she's not legit, so I'd love to get her reservation restored.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you get it corrected? Thanks in advance for your help! I really appreciate it!

Amber

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Call AirBnB, they may or probably may not do something about it. May be a mistake?

David

David:  Do you have a number for Airbnb.  They seem to make it impossible to reach them directly.  In my case they made a mistake saying my guests cancelled but they did not!!!  Do you have a phone number for an airbnb rep.  If so, here is my email address:

[personal information hidden for safety reasons].  Thanks.  Nancy

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nancy320,

Welcome to the Community Center. There is lots of information on how to do this here, take a look at these Community Help Guides in the 'Tips & Tutorials' board and you will see one on the different ways to reach the Support Team.

I hope you get this sorted.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Maryanne12
Level 1
Bal Harbour, FL

This happened to me twice recently. Airbnb notified me they cancelled a reservation by mistake but gave no resolution directions. I also received a call from another reservation I was never notified about. Maybe there's a new staff handling reservations and they don't know what they're doing?

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Amber28 I’ve heard of this happening if the guest uses a card other than their own to make the reservation. It could be innocent - a spouse’s card or other family member. Or some people use other people’s cards for nefarious reasons. In either case you and/or the guest need to Contact Airbnb directly.