Discrepancy Between Desktop and Phone app - pending requests

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Discrepancy Between Desktop and Phone app - pending requests

At 7pm this evening, I received a request to book on my phone. Since I was out, I decided to respond as soon as I got home. It's easier for me to respond using the desktop, rather than the phone app. 

Checking the message again, a few minutes later, showed the countdown to expiration still continuing, but clicking on the request indicates "the guest withdrew their request to book".     Anecdotally, this about the third booking-then-withdrawn in the last few days from folks who joined in July 2020. 

Time stamp on the request says 12.00am, but it came in at 7pm. My email shows it coming in at 7pm. 

My desktop seems to have no record of the request at all. It's not under "Inbox" or under "Cancelled Reservations".    

Do the phone app and desktop not sync up ?

5 Replies 5
Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Where can one see a record of "booking-then-withdrawn" on the desktop software ?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Michelle53 I noticed a lag time in receiving notifications recently, and @Nick is looking into it for us.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Ann72  Thanks !

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ann72 @Michelle53 

the team came back saying they marked it for investigation as it might be a new bug. They also advised you contact CS with this as they would like to make some checks with you, make sure your app is the latest version and go through each step so they can see if they'll be able to replicate the issue.

Thanks
Nick

@Nick   Thanks for the update.

Respectfully, I have a full time job, which is a bit busy at the moment, and I am not able to spend extended amounts of time on the phone with CS dealing with technical glitches. If one could even get through on the phone. 

I am able to take reservations, and talk to folks, on the desktop, outside of that particular issue.  As long as that is working, I'm good. I spend minimal time on the phone app.  But I have updated it.