Discrimination Policy. Glitch on Accept?

Discrimination Policy. Glitch on Accept?

Hi, I am using Firefox on desktop, everytime I log on to Airbnb it asks me to 'Accept' and I do.  It doesn't matter how many times I 'Accept' it still keeps asking me to 'Accept',  again and again.  Anyone else experiencing this?

7 Replies 7
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Ange2

Did get an email this morning but accept has not appeared yet. Perhaps they are trialing it with you?

David

@David126    Hi,  when I log into Airbnb I get a panel of changing faces in various hues and ages and a big Accept button to the right of it. I didn't receive an email.   Maybe it is a 'trial' and that's why it doesn't work!

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 2.16.32 PM.png

Hi David ,
As part of Airbnb’s effort to fight discrimination and champion belonging, we’ve developed resources to help you understand travelers’ experiences and become more aware of hidden biases. This is just the start, and we hope you’re as determined as we are to make this world a more welcoming place for all.

Understanding bias and belonging
We’ve partnered with experts, devoted to understanding the science of discrimination, to explore how bias affects the way we treat each other—and what we can do about it. The newest host toolkit will challenge, encourage, and equip you to discover biases and take action against discrimination.
Explore the toolkit

You can create belonging
Meet our Director of Diversity and Belonging, David King III, and explore how you can help people from diverse backgrounds feel welcome.
Get inspired

Webcast: Cross-cultural hosting
Get practical tips on avoiding misunderstandings and promoting belonging, especially when cultural or language barriers get in the way.
Wed, Dec. 14th 10am PT
Register today

Next steps for inclusion at Airbnb
We’re sharing hosts’ stories of belonging, Airbnb partnerships, and news about our commitments to ending discrimination both inside Airbnb and throughout our global community.
Let’s work for change together
David

@David126   Thank you.   "understanding the science of discrimination",  heady stuff!

@Ange2

Can only be a question of tme before there is a degree course on Hosting, perhaps even a Masters will be required to be a Super Host.

I wrote this as a joke, looking at it agains, not so sure. BAirBnB would be the designation, need to register that...

David

@David126    Out of curiosity I looked at the ToolKit which is supposed to " challenge, encourage, and equip you to discover biases and take action against discrimination."  Apart from the fact that  I got 'unresponsive script' much of the time and the page froze, what I saw seemed to be a basic primer on 'Common Sense' and 'Common Decency'.  I am stunned!

I seems to have worked for me, I use Chrome.

But not anything about the topic du jour it seems.

David