Does your listing attract more solo travellers or groups?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Does your listing attract more solo travellers or groups?

Solo_traveller.jpg

Hello everyone! 

We know that every listing is different and its features usually attract different types of guests. 

For example: a big house with many beds is perfect for big families and bubbly groups of friends, while a well design studio is perfect for singles. A well-equipped kitchen, also allures families that love dining in and saving some money. Is your layout different?

Have you designed your house to attract solo travellers or groups, or both! And why?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I have a good-sized condo with 2 bedrooms, and large kitchen and living with a sofa bed. 6 is my max. However, when I lower my prices to fill gaps, I often get just one couple!

I like my floor plan because both bathrooms can be shut off to be private for each bedroom. This kind of configuration works well for 2-couple guest arrangements, but not as well if the host lives there and has daytime visitors.

Our home has three bedrooms all offering something for any guest. I have not set my listings to attract a specific guest. 
Living outside the busy city-Airbnb-bubble of listings I don’t feel the competition like some hosts may in my town.

We decided long ago once the kids were emancipated that we’d like to share our home with those in need of space.

After opening our home to bicyclists traveling the world on another platform, sharing our home free of charge to those just needing a couch and allowing some to pitch a tent on our backyard hill after a long day of hiking the AT, Airbnb hosting came quite naturally!

Our oldest couple was in their eighties and so far the youngest has been a four month old.

This platform certainly gives many an opportunity to host for all different reasons and for all kinds of guests and making your place attractive to any potential guest! Glad my son, who bicycled across the US introduced me to this one!