Emails prompting reviews

Dj16
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Emails prompting reviews

If, for some reason, I don't leave a review for a guest immediately after they check out, Airbnb used to send me up to three emails reminding me to leave a review during the 14 day review period.

When I have stayed as a guest I would get the same 3 emails as well.

In June, I have not gotten a single email reminder to leave a review (I actually stopped leaving reviews immediately just to see if Airbnb was still sending them).

The reason I started testing this is becasue my last 8 guests have not left reviews.  Historically about 80% of my guests have left reviews.

Does anyone know if Airbnb stopped sending out review reminders to guests?  I am just three 5 star reviews away from achieving SuperHost, and am a bit frusterated that reviews have seemingly come to a halt for me.  Is this just bad luck, or is something else going on.  Has anyone else experienced this? It seems isolated to the last 3 or 4 weeks.

DJ

3 Replies 3
Louis70
Level 2
Newark, NJ

Louis SuperHost K & L Park Suites

We have & still continue to recieve reminders, as do our guest in a timely manner.

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Dj16

Those notices may have stopped, I certainly lobbied to have airbnb stop popping them as mandatory notices on the app, they were insanely disruptive.

When my guests leave, I send them a checkout message that basically says:

"Thanks for the stay, the room looks great! If you enjoyed your stay, please leave a great review, thanks again!"  Something to that effect.  Lets guest know they did well, which I think they appreciate because many guests are new and have no idea how they did and worry about it, and gently requests review in positive way.  Most guests leave a great review.

Laurie-and-Anne0
Level 2
Mollymook, Australia

I am a newby! Does AirBnB send these prompts to both host and guest at the same time? I have hosted 3 stays, and I seem to get them immediately (about 2 hours after the guests have left). I complete them straight away. I also send the guest a message telling them, I have completed their review and thank them again for being such great guests. I have received my first review, but am waiting for the other two!