Ever gotten an IB booking after turning IB off? Had price/availability differ on different browsers?

Jenny325
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Ever gotten an IB booking after turning IB off? Had price/availability differ on different browsers?

The day after Thanksgiving this fall I had an evening event and turned off Instant Book. Somehow I still got a same-day Instant Booking! It was very disruptive and difficult to handle. Fearing a penalty from Airbnb, wanting to help a guest needing a last-minute room, and figuring I could use the income in the slow season, I attempted to accommodate the guest, but I would have arrived home to check her in too late, and did not have the room ready.  I had to call Airbnb while at a bonfire in the dark, and complete the call while riding my bicycle (the event was a social bike ride). I was able to cancel it and assured I would not be penalized. I got home and discovered that I had indeed turned Instant Book OFF. I wish I had done a screen grab as evidence. Airbnb keeps insisting I had it turned on, but I know I DID NOT. I contacted Support but all they did was send me instructions on how to set up/use IB!

I have had some other weird things happen recently with listings appearing one way on my computer and different to Airbnb, which have lead me to believe these are coding issues with the Google Chrome browser that have not been fully resolved. I looked at Safari (which they claim does not work for Airbnb, but it was more accurate than Chrome!) and at the mobile app and they both worked. In recent months I have also had my nightly prices change without me changing them, as well. I was able to fix the issue with the filtered searches by calling and messaging Airbnb Support (for Superhosts) repeatedly, but now they allege none of these issues ever happened.

Help! I'm being gaslighted by Airbnb! 

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced weird IT glitches in the past few months. I am simply asking Airbnb to acknowledge that glitches occurred and would appreciate some token of an apology, such as a small travel credit. I get nothing but denials.

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I've seen many technical issues with the site, @Jenny325, and also replied to numerous posts here. It's a shame Airbnb will not acknowledge their faults. Yet again another booking site comes to my mind, who send emails to every single, even tiny, host when they are planning changes or experiencing issues. What makes things worse here is that often it is hosts/guests discovering a problem.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"